The Grange

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I called in at the Grange / Gunman on Frog Lane, Coventry over the weekend. I found it's my closest UKARA site and thought as a noob I'd pay them a visit.

It's worth giving them a call before turning up to make sure someone is available in the shop. I just happened to be close by and the guys running a martial arts session went and found someone to open the shop up.

I spent quite some time chatting with Andy about playing the site, finding out what days were coming up and how to sign up. I'll post a review in the next month of how playing a skirmish day goes.

But what I thought useful was that talking with an enthusiast who runs the shop there was no pressure to buy at all. We spoke at some length about the sport, the weapons, ammo, games sites etc. and I walked out without spending a dime. Andy's a thoroughly nice bloke who gave up a chunk of time to talk with a noob and the only benefit was that I may come back in future. Equally his wife Marie, who I corresponded with by email was as helpful. I'm looking forward to going on a skirmish or two over the next month or two.

So many thanks for your time Andy. I look forward to running around in the woods next month.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Myself and a few friends are all based in Coventry and are going to our first game at 'The Grange' this Sunday. I have spoken to Marie myself, she is a really nice lady.

I would be interested to know what you think about the site as I assume you have been by now?

Cheers,

Luke

• 10 months later...
On 6/27/2017 at 4:18 PM, LukeTastic said:

Hi,

Myself and a few friends are all based in Coventry and are going to our first game at 'The Grange' this Sunday. I have spoken to Marie myself, she is a really nice lady.

I would be interested to know what you think about the site as I assume you have been by now?

Cheers,

Luke

Any feedback on this site? I may be going there next Sunday and want some reassurance on the site before I book

Some of the best marshalling you will encounter. The whole team is really good.

I've not played a Sunday, Normally when we go it's the Saturday open shoot.

You get free tea and coffee, A small mid day meal.

The shop is well stocked, but doesn't carry a lot of upgrade parts as stock items. They have springs, and some batteries.

They like you to turn up early.

Safe zone: No dry fire, No mags in guns, Guns on safe.

If you want to test shoot you can move into the shooting range through the back door of the safe zone.

All guns will be chrono'd on the ammo you are using.

The safe zone has a sales counter for BB's and Pyro, As well as a selection of snacks and cold drinks (not free).

Showers and toilets on site.

Games on a Saturday are short 20-30mins, with quick objectives. Teams then swap so attackers become defenders on the same mission. Respawn rules change depending on the game so listen to the game briefings. Buddy spawn, Respawn zone get turned on and off depending on the game, and sometimes on if attacking or defending.

The site is mostly small trees and fences. Expect a lot of long grass, And shrubbery that bounces light BB's 0.25+ is recommended for BB weight. The site is quite a bit more complicated than it looks on a map. With quite a lot of ways round it.

Take your best camo, A hat, and boots with the best grip as some of the site can hold water. A lot of the fighting is done using trees/bushes and fences as cover and camo can pay dividends if you can use it well.

Also carry mags. The short games add a little urgency to the teams, Expect a fair bit of full auto, and expect to rinse a couple of mags per game. You can normally go back to the safe zone to refill, but that is in game time. So it is better to have a full compliment of mags, and have one of your team as an ammo mule so you can reload at the next game briefing.

When you come back into the safe zone after a game for the set breaks, One of the marshals will be in the shooting range. They will expect you to drop your mags out, Invert the gun, shoot it a few times in a safe direction, then present the empty hop for inspection.

Archived