British Airsoft Club as a defence

warlord
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, I'm pretty much a noob here and finding my feet. I've been doing a lot of reading and youtubing, and more reading to figure stuff out.

What I'm trying to get my head around is the defence, but not in the way you might be thinking - "Oh here we go another noob trying to shortcut the system!" I get I need a defence to buy a RIF, not a problem.

But does anyone here have experience of using the British Airsoft Club to support their defence rather than UKARA?

It seems to me that to get a UKARA defence I have to play the same site 3 times, maybe even become a member. But with BAC I can play different sites and still get a supported defence.

http://www.britishairsoftclub.co.uk/airsoft-players/

The BAC system enables players to be transient and not be required to repeatedly attend a single airsoft site. That means that you can carry on skirmishing at different airsoft sites and you will still be able to maintain your membership and purchase RIF’s.  All you will need to do is log onto the BAC website and update three games that you have attended per year.  This will be verified with the airsoft sites and your membership will automatically renew.  The BAC requires that you will need to play 3 games within a 12 month period for your membership to automatically renew.  This ensures that we are compiling with the law regarding who is considered to be a registered airsoft skirmisher.

So I record my plays at any BAC site on the BAC website. BAC verify with the site that I played and activate my membership. I go to buy a RIF from a BAC participating retailer and they check with BAC that I have a valid defence (still the 3 game rule over > 12 weeks).

I ask because I'm planning on playing the Gaol next week and the Grange in May. If it doesn't work this way then even though I've played 2 games I still only have one tick in the box for UKRARA :( Or am I wrong?

• Supporters

BAC was discredited massively a couple of years back by a member of this forum deliberately providing them with false details to prove a point.  Very few retailers will accept it as a result. 

UKARA remains the standard. 

As above, many retailers do no accept BAC so its worth getting your UKARA sorted.

Archived