In the week running up to your next airsoft game, what preparation do you do that...

Sacarathe
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Mwahahaha love the "Multiglam" :D

If I had to iron I think I'd just order new ;)

I try to buy a few cereal/trail bars, some tactical chocolate bars and a bottle of Lucozade or similar to complement the water in my hydration pack.

I'll get my kit out of the loft the prior day and just ensure all the bits I need are packed. Oh...and get cash out!

• Moderators

reminds me, need to do similar as well as charge batteries up tonight, fight with battery fitting in SR stock with the Mosfet, clean goggles, fill mags so less time tomorrow,...... 1 tracer ,4 bbs....., put kids to bed, pack car....:lol::lol::lol:

prob forget actually!.

• Moderators

i am currently, as mentioned, charging 2 more batteries for tomorrow and charging the radios up, droped son off at cubs, will pick him up, put to bed then sort mags out with bbs, less to do tomorrow as its always a rush  :)

time wife gets home in morning im straight out to get there for 9.....then find most of the morning wasted as people still messing around as not organised!!!

• Head Moderator

No your subject is not clear enough, confusing even, and needs to be simple.  <_<

I may start a thread titled 'what's your unique preparation before next game (that nobody else does)?'.   Wonder what people will post then?

2 hours ago, Jedi_Master said:

No your subject is not clear enough, confusing even, and needs to be simple.  <_<

I may start a thread titled 'what's your unique preparation before next game (that nobody else does)?'.   Wonder what people will post then?

Prolly to complain about your condescension - I mean how many people do know what unique means anyway? And how could you know it was unique anyway?

• Head Moderator
3 minutes ago, Sacarathe said:

Prolly to complain about your condescension - I mean how many people do know what unique means anyway? And how could you know it was unique anyway?

You are most likely correct but is a shorter word than idiosyncratic, eccentric, quirky, or individual.

• Supporters

Drive a couple of hours round trip to get my kit a week before playing so I can have it for when I want to actually play.  Probably not common.

I do pick out all my patches as a priority before prepping anything else.  Attach them to my shirt/PC, decide whether I have a balanced amount in the right locations and whether the designs best suit the location and will appeal to the particular group of mates I'll be playing with.

Also since I buy sh*t I don't need constantly but play rarely I'll sift through my mountains of crap, pick out the stuff I've never used vs the things I've used 1 time and decide which of the unused stuff to take.

I usually sit waiting for those bits i ordered from Hong Kong to arrive, while i grow my tactical beard and gather cobweb camo.

Then i watch as many war films as i can while practicing callsign radio protocols and field stripping my rifles.

Then i pack everything into one bag neatly, shake it up, and can't find what i want at the site.

Standard stuff really.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2017 at 1:28 PM, Jedi_Master said:

I spend a few evenings watching TV and numbering my BBs.  I then sequentially feed the numbered BBs into my magazines, loading number 1 first all the way up to number 82 last (using mid cap).  Then whenever I want/need to do a magazine check I can clearly see how many BBs are left inside. ;)

Even if this was in jest as far as I am aware leaving mags springs with tension for a long period is a bad idea. For instance leaving a loaded mag for a week after you have played, is this correct?

I would like to know for science (and my mid cap springs)!

• Supporters
1 hour ago, skillfulmmd said:

Even if this was in jest as far as I am aware leaving mags springs with tension for a long period is a bad idea. For instance leaving a loaded mag for a week after you have played, is this correct?

I would like to know for science (and my mid cap springs)!

I'm lazy to unload my mags and sometimes months pass between games for a gun. Never had problems.

14 minutes ago, Samurai said:

I'm lazy to unload my mags and sometimes months pass between games for a gun. Never had problems.

Interesting...I've heard it come up a few times from players at local sites and online. I am no rookie but I don't put in half as many game days as year as some people so tend to listen to people that play more where possible. The last few games I've stripped my mags clean and made sure my pistol mags had no gas but haven't had an issue before not doing it so wasn't sure.

Out of interest what mags do you use?

On a side note I saw your PM I will drop you a message later :D

• Supporters

I use the cheaper ones with the exception of the TM MK23 mags. KA, Cyma, JG, brands like that. The MK23 mags are nearly always full because I top them up in game so I end the game with at least one fully loaded.

59 minutes ago, Samurai said:

I use the cheaper ones with the exception of the TM MK23 mags. KA, Cyma, JG, brands like that. The MK23 mags are nearly always full because I top them up in game so I end the game with at least one fully loaded.

Interesting, maybe its just hearsay then and I can go back to being lazy after a hard day skirmishing last thing I want to do is sort gear!

• Head Moderator
On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 7:22 PM, Jedi_Master said:

I was going to mention not washing for a few days prior to going out into the field sniping, because it helps blend in with nature and there is no Lynx effect to give my position away.  Then I remembered that there are lots of teenagers and some students who lack personal hygiene. :o

1 hour ago, bladerunner168 said:

I don't wash for a few days prior to a skirmish, you know, to throw the opposition of my scent...

18 minutes ago, Sacarathe said:

This is a serious thread.

It is a serious answer, although I did not include "not washing", because too many others already do (or should that be do not?)

Does anyone suddenly remember they need 100 and 1 things and then start looking around frantically to buy stuff because I know I do!

I think my game two weeks ago was the last time I've gone without buying anything.

I Normally wake up the day before then tell the Mrs that I am out shotting fell man children the next day then pray for forgiveness for the fact I didn't tell her sooner.

Archived