In the week running up to your next airsoft game, what preparation do you do that...

Sacarathe
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Head Moderator

I spend a few evenings watching TV and numbering my BBs.  I then sequentially feed the numbered BBs into my magazines, loading number 1 first all the way up to number 82 last (using mid cap).  Then whenever I want/need to do a magazine check I can clearly see how many BBs are left inside. ;)

Spend three days absolutely confident that everything I need is in the crate, then have a crisis of confidence four minutes before its time to leave and unpack everything to check. This will inevitably result in leaving something that was safely tucked in it's place laying on the living room floor.

2 minutes ago, Hangtight said:

Spend three days absolutely confident that everything I need is in the crate, then have a crisis of confidence four minutes before its time to leave and unpack everything to check. This will inevitably result in leaving something that was safely tucked in it's place laying on the living room floor.

I hear ya !!

Normaly do nothing until 30 minutes before I need to go sleep for the game in the morning, then I spend those 30 minutes running around the house trying to find mags, ammo, clothing. If I feel real dangerous, I want until the morning. Have left the house a number times with slightly damp clothing as it hasnt dried.

I'm the same. Once I'm home everything gets sorted and cleaned, then over the course of the next week any little issues are resolved, maintenance charge put on batteries, repairs made before everything is packed away ready for me to worry that I've forgotten something...

Run around the house trying to remember where I put everything on the night before a gameday. 

Always forget something..... 

Last game my lipo batteries for my cm16. 

The game before forgot my boots. 

Game before that forgot my wallet. But realised halfway to site. 

Think a proper kit muster with check list is in order from now on. :blink:

• Moderators

eeeer ....place 4 bbs to 1 tracer in my low caps as takes to long to do mid caps.....then on game day one used up. just fill up in any order as i cant be assed, its only a CQB game so not to fussed with mixing my tracers and norm bbs....and trying to use them up!...

just remove all from loft on friday, put in car sat and panic when i get there and forget something....:lol::lol:

mainly charge batteries day before i think.....

• Head Moderator
On 4/22/2017 at 1:21 PM, Sacarathe said:

... you think no one else does?

I was going to mention not washing for a few days prior to going out into the field sniping, because it helps blend in with nature and there is no Lynx effect to give my position away.  Then I remembered that there are lots of teenagers and some students who lack personal hygiene. :o

• Moderators

Forgot to check the camo make up collection as well Jedi^_^:P 

• Mostly Retired Moderators

My "Get Ready Routine That No-one Else Does" is probably:

*Get to the night before a game, panic because i think I haven't got enough food and drink for all the running around calorie burning that I'll be doing.

*Go and buy loads of Lucosade sport, Red Bull, KitKat's, Gold Bars and Jerky.

*Actually don't burn off many calories or expend enough energy to work up a thirst.

*Spend the following week consuming my stash of snacks and drinks at work for lunch.

What do i do that no-one else does?

I iron my kit, ie top and trousers, combat creases ftw! I also burn off any loose threads from kit and clothes. No reason other than habit, having served.

I'm sure a few of you do it too, but from my last few games I've seen a lot of people turn up in rag order.

lol, ironing?! F that :D If it's folded neatly in the bag that's a win.

4 hours ago, warlord said:

lol, ironing?! F that :D If it's folded neatly in the bag that's a win.

Folded??

Meh mine gets bundled into my bag for next time, I play CQB its dark I don't care if I look a mess :P

• Head Moderator
6 hours ago, newsh said:

I iron my kit, ie top and trousers, combat creases ftw! I also burn off any loose threads from kit and clothes. No reason other than habit, having served.

I'm sure a few of you do it too, but from my last few games I've seen a lot of people turn up in rag order.

Burning threads makes sense to keep kit in good order, as does checking and cleaning it prior to packing everything away.

Nope, nobody else irons, that one is special. :lol:   Never had or needed an iron on an op tour, and I am not going to start now. :rolleyes:  They may like the "rag order" look, playing pew pew in the field only messes up the parade dress (although some multi-glam players may be making a fashion statement).

Archived