Berets

Blocko_23
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Well what are your thoughts on currently serving men and women wearing their berets.

As I was in the scots regiment I have a tan o shanter with the red hackle ( I personally wouldn't wear it airsofting as this beret means alot to me) and I also have my current beret which is a my ramc beret. ( I also wouldn't wear this as it has to be kept in good condition for work.

But what are your thoughts on armed forces personnel wearing their berets?

i dont think they will be stopping any bullets any time soon :P

Haha no cant see that happening, unless its tungsten foam! :lol:

And fair enogh, just find it funny that something designed for afghanistan is used in our temperate country lol

Thats fine, i think people get annoyed when none armed forces personel wear one, though from a pratical perspective i dont see why you'd want to, unless it was for a personal reason...

They earned it so they can wear it where and when they want, even the local supermarket :lol:

But to be honest it seems unessessary for anyone to use a beret for airsoft. Put it this way if I was a soldier I wouldn't use it for airsoft and besides people won't always know if the person wearing it is a soldier or not so it might cause confusion.

Wonder what people think of the the world war two airsofters using them?

i find it quite unreal how armed forces get frowned upon by sum people for wearing thier uniform out...

my friend returning from base for the weekend got spat on as he left the train .. bit of subject but though i would share

But to be honest it seems unessessary for anyone to use a beret for airsoft.

Wonder what people think of the the world war two airsofters using them?

Personally I think when airsofters wear ww2 berets that's usually for milsims or reenactments which I personally think is fine.

And I agree I would rather wear mine for work rather than airsofting. It's something special to me and I wouldn't wear it willy nilly... Saying that I do wear my medic badges and military badges that I was issued.

quote: Wonder what people think of the the world war two airsofters using them?

i dont think people would mind to much with ww2 airsofters .. as its more reinacting side of things and it was a good 70 years ago sinse the war

so it shouldnt upset to many people

i find it quite unreal how armed forces get frowned upon by sum people for wearing thier uniform out...

my friend returning from base for the weekend got spat on as he left the train .. bit of subject but though i would share

Yeh I've had abuse thrown at me before when travelling on trains or at petrol stations when in my uniform.

I think it's pathetic and awful. Half the time it's by chavs that have nothing better to do with their lives

yeah , i agree its funny how people forget what would happen without the armed forces

chavs= no respect for anyone including themselvs

Chavs, looked it up it the Collins Pocket dictionary of ZAK...

Chav, a certain individual who pushes themselves to the dangers of drugs and doesnt have any respect for themselves

Seen wearing flat caps, tracksuits and hoodies, be warned, they can carry knives, but dont give a crap who they stab!

:blink: what?

my dictionary just has red high lighter on all the offencive words

ah school days :rolleyes:

Maybe we should also start wearing those sill French berets :P

In the words of Clarkson, Those cheese eating surrender monkies!

Archived