Two tone imports

Nicky blue eyes
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I just want to check it is legal to import two tones with out UKARA.  I know in my previous post I asked about RIFs .The website is still down and I have games coming up. I just want a reliable gun that's not been abused to death by punters. The reason I want one from gunfire is it's so much cheaper than over here. Cheers in advance.

UKARA is still accessible to retailers and presumably the UK border forces, if you have UKARA you can still use it.

You don't need UKARA to import any airsoft guns, but it is by far the easiest way to prove your defence.

I just want to check it is legal to import two tones with out UKARA.

Legally speaking, I believe the restriction on import is limited to just Realistic Imitation Firearms.

Nevertheless I believe a defence is still needed in practice for imitation firearms in the airsoft context - as the border forces have discretion which you have to overcome - even if they are legally wrong they can still make you prove your reasons for import.

Nerf guns are imitation firearms too.

Hmmm at the moment it seems I've hit a brick wall because it turns out I don't have a player number yet( because ukara is still down) . It's a pain in the bum as 1 shop point blank refused to check or contact my site. I know they're being careful but bugger me. As for importing I really don't fancy HM customs destroying it.again this all comes down to cheapness and availability, As the gun I want seems to be out of stock over here. Looks like I got another game of useing a gun that's been manhandled more than the cast of Geordie shore. :(

Guest scalawag

Sorry for the late reply, but for the sake of clarity, I have bought two tone guns from Gunfire in the past, with no intervention or input form the UK Border Force.  

It does take several days for Gunfire to ship a two tone as they do not stock them they paint each gun to order, as you might expect for a shop in a country which does not have a two tone law.

Hope this is helpful for someone,

Paul

Cheers for the replies but for the sake of a few more quid I just ordered a two tone over here instead. In a weird sort of way  I actually like it. And at least it saves it getting seized  on the off chance by any one.

Archived