My glock 17 select fire switch

Mardiner
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I own a stark arms one glock17. Lovely gun never had any problems until now, it has a select fire but doesn't stay at semi auto and rattles into fully auto as shot, any ideas of how I could fix this problem? 

3 hours ago, Mardiner said:

Isn't the risk of messing up the inside high? 

Well, if you read the instructions on the glue...

You take out the parts you wish to glue, you clean them, you glue them, you replace them back in the gun. Don't just squirt the glue into the inside of the gun and hope for the best!

Ouch thats gotta burn some people just arent technically good plus airsoft is expensive people dont want to go round glueing stuff they dont know haha but errr google it bud 

6 hours ago, Oli.Hanks said:

Ouch thats gotta burn some people just arent technically good plus airsoft is expensive people dont want to go round glueing stuff they dont know haha but errr google it bud 

It has the mechanical complexity of a Lego Duplo set, if that's too complicated, not sure they should be doing anything with superglue ever.

• Supporters

It must have an auto sear if it's select fire? Just take it out, and you're left with a G17 mechanism, no? 

Glocks are pretty straight forward but the SA mech is one of the very limited few that aren't a direct clone of the TM, so most of the guides you'll find won't be fully relevant, but they should at least give you enough understanding on how it works to be able to figure out what you need to remove to glue in order to get what you want done.

19 hours ago, jcheeseright said:

honestly, if you can't operate a tube of superglue without a talkthrough I don't think a conversation with me would do your self esteem any good. 

I laughed quite hard at this, but couldn't like it even though it was less helpful than my post above.

We all have to learn at some point in our lives that unless you create a controlled environment superglue will screw you over in some way you don't expect. But "Isn't the risk of messing up the inside high?" does somewhat imply the OP had encountered this and not considered that superglue - when not done quickly is not the quick fix it appears.

A few moneys ago I glued something with it expecting a lovely outcome and the evaporating residue and finger marks left white all over the container (which cost £2). Non the less anyone can get superglue wrong but you should always control your environment as much as possible - the mistake I made was getting the wrong type of glue.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2017-4-17 at 11:41 PM, Sacarathe said:

Don't just squirt the glue into the inside of the gun and hope for the best!

F*ck, that's where i've been going wrong all this time haha.

• Supporters

Don't forget to put the superglue in the fridge after you have used it. (No Jokes!)

Archived