top snipers

Noah
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

3 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

That is what I did when I upgraded my gun; bought and fitted a large telescopic sight, bi-pod, torch, PEQ box, tracer unit, sling attachment, and rail covers.  Would have fitted a cup holder on the rails but couldnot find a long enough straw to reach my facemask.  So now my gun is upgraded from medium assault rifle to a heavy gun, sweet. :P

Muppet... Everyone knows that the imported Fik Yu stocks with the flip out can cooler is the way to go.

• Head Moderator
53 minutes ago, Sacarathe said:

I would totally do airsoft sniper shiz if I could throw money at it and skip the tinkering part.

Or just buy a decent second-hand sniper rifle from someone who has done all the work for you (and you trust knows what they are doing)

Guest PT247
3 hours ago, Noah said:

PT247 does it have to be vsr clone could it be for example a Well MB01 and what is the best retailer for upgrade parts.

I don't like the L96, the VSR is an easier gun to upgrade as there are more parts for it but in essence upgrading a bolt action is the same no matter what platform as you will need to replace the hop unit, the trigger, the cylinder, the cylinder head, the spring guide, the piston (to match the trigger) and probably the barrel and bucking... the gun you choose is just a platform to hold those parts. I like the VSR G-Spec as it is short and easily manouverable

The VSR platform will give you the best result for your money. There's plenty of upgrades available that can be done bit by bit but I've now used "Most" platforms, the VSR bolt action is my "go too" bit of kit. However ..... I've been hearing good things about the Amoeba striker. It needs a bit of work but out of the box it's a pretty good piece of kit. 

• Mostly Retired Moderators
10 hours ago, Noah said:

You make it seem like i have never played airsoft before. i just dont have amazing knowledge of whats going on in my guns.

I think this is the part you need to remedy first.

Buy a 2nd hand AEG that's fit for the knackers yard and open it up and tinker with it.

Change the hop chamber. Change the rubber.

Open it up and take the gears out.

Change the spring. Change it from front wired to rear etc.

Even better - buy an absolutely knackered sniper rifle and learn to do it up.

Like buying an old fiesta to learn about cars, or cutting open a dead body to learn surgical procedures.

The reality of your situation is you're wanting maximum performance from your gun with minimum effort.

No Stock-out-of-the-box sniper rifle is going to give you anywhere near the level of performance that you're dreaming of when you're imagining yourself getting headshots from a prone position from 80 metres.

Like PT said, you're going to take your box fresh sniper rifle to a game and get utterly out matched and out ranged by nearly every other gun.

You'll then realise sniping isn't as easy or cool as it is in the Videogames one of two things will happen:

You'll either upgrade it and continue to tinker with the gun and practicing.

Or more likely, it'll be another yet another Well MB01 up for sale in the classifieds section within a month because the reality didn't match the dream.

I know the above sounds harsh, but this is the reality.

Unless you buy a pre-upgraded rifle from bespoke airsoft or ASPUK.

http://www.bespokeairsoft.co.uk

https://www.airsoftsniperparts.com/sniper-rifles

Or buy a 2nd hand one that's already done up. Then all that is left to do is learn to snipe.

You need to be realistic about what you can achieve. My MB01 had had every part changed and heaven only knows how many hours tinkering to get it shooting just right. I don't even want to think about the money...

On the right day, in the right conditions I can posibly make an 80m head shot. And even if I did pull it off it a decent player with an aeg would be able to close the range almost before I could make the follow up shot. If you're doing this because you think it'll give you an advantage over aeg players you couldn't be more wrong. It's actually a disadvantage which requires significant skill to overcome.

If you want my sniper rifle, which is fully upgraded, except no new inner barrel.

then I'll quite happily sell it to you for £1000, of course this total does not include the shipping, which you will pay additionally, which I assume is fine? 

Oh, it's actual value is probably £400 ish, but I'd take £1000.

thanks.

Archived