Cerakote service

Crashtest33
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all. 

I'm an accomplished sprayer, having undertaken training and gained experience over a fair few years. 

I'm trying to guage the demand for Cerakoted airsoft parts.

I'd need a few bits of kit to provide a top drawer service but if the demand is not there then its not worth pursuing.

I've seen other companies on the web. But their services are expensive and turn-arounds can be long.

let me know. 

• Supporters

Personally, if you can do the work to a very high standard of quality and consistency then yeah, absolutely.  I'm shooting myself in the foot now though; reality is I just do not see a demand amongst airsofters in the UK for high end customisation services like that, 99% slap on some rail accessories and call that 'customised'.  It used to be (for example) you'd have to buy a US mil issued style M4 then to make something unique you'd need the tools and knowledge to change to a freefloat rail, change pistol grips, barrel, gas system, muzzle device etc but barely anybody seems to do that now.  Admittedly I don't really follow the facebook groups which are much busier than forums these days, but when I'm at sites I don't see people with aftermarket furniture like I did 3+ years ago.  Now you can just buy an ICS or G&G with a long KeyMod or Picatinny forend out of the box, so when people are happy with the looks of the gun out of the box they're far less likely to seek out further customisation options.

I'd imagine that if you asked this question on like a PTW forum/FB user group you'd get a totally different answer, but how many people like that are even in the UK spending tons of money on their RIFs.. no idea.

Is the sort of service that I might well use, having looked at the cost of buying Ceracoat. It's just not cost effective for doing the odd piece. But if I'm building up something decent then being able to get the finishes right and durable at reasonable cost is appealing. I'm just not sure how many people go to those lengths when putting an airsoft RIF together.

On 4/10/2017 at 10:27 PM, Crashtest33 said:

Hi all. 

I'm an accomplished sprayer, having undertaken training and gained experience over a fair few years. 

I'm trying to guage the demand for Cerakoted airsoft parts.

I'd need a few bits of kit to provide a top drawer service but if the demand is not there then its not worth pursuing.

I've seen other companies on the web. But their services are expensive and turn-arounds can be long.

let me know. 

Come have a chat with me next time your at AWA... I'm one of the marshals (if you didn't know already)

Archived