Such a stupid problem

Guest Svittidiu
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest Svittidiu

Hey guys, I have such a stupid problem. You see I own a Tanaka M700 Police Model and in the head of the outer barrel, there are two holes. The iron sight is mounted in these holes and fastened with two allen screws/hex. Now one of these tiny allen screws has started to spin around in the hole and it won't come out no matter what I try. Please help me, how do I get it out of there? I can't attach the iron sights if the screw is inside.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm.../Allen_keys.jpg I use the smallest of them.

• Supporters
Now one of these tiny allen screws has started to spin around in the hole and it won't come out no matter what I try.

Sounds to me that you may have stripped the thread on either the hole or the screw. Does the screw stick out of the barrel at the top or is it flush to the surface?

Nutster

Guest Svittidiu
Sounds to me that you may have stripped the thread on either the hole or the screw. Does the screw stick out of the barrel at the top or is it flush to the surface?

No it doesn't stick out. Yes I tightened it a bit too much and it "snapped" and then it began to spin around without any friction.

• AF-UK Founding Member

Sounds like you've stripped the top of the screw, you'll have to try pressing down really hard and turning lightly to see if this brings the screw out, or if you can fit a slightly bigger allen key in there and then do the same. Once you have it the tiniest bit out you can then use long nose pliers and very tediously unscrew it.

Hope I understood you correctly.

You should send the rifle to zero one and have it re-tap and have a pazie headed or slot head screw put in there place and use some nail varnish to secure the screws It means that you can carry a small tool about with you during a game. It seem to me one part of the existing screw is inbeded in the rifle and the rest is in the scope rail. I had the same probs with my own M700 police issue

• 2 weeks later...

Put a blob of superglue on the head of a screwdriver, slot it in , wait for it to set and then start teasing it out.

Archived