WE XDM 4.5 GBB Takedown Lever issue and general maintenance

LewisUK
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I had a Jamming issue, so one of the guys at my field helped me attempt to dissemble it, however the slide would not come off, the takedown lever came out completely and we just popped it back in. It was stuck in the up position and took a few of us to fix. Now, whenever I shoot, the takedown lever slowly slips out and seems to refuse to stay in 😕 the pistol functions perfectly fine otherwise. Is there any tips on how to potentially fix it? Im very new to the whole stripping and touching anything internally. (NEVER DONE IT BEFORE!)

Pics of pistol (you can see the takedown lever sticking out slightly in the pics, with each shot it gets slightly further out until you push it back in.):

Additionally, this is the first gas gun I own (and also only my 3rd gun.) How do I go about maintaining this? Someone at the site I go to said about silicon spray into the mag well and the rails as well as cleaning it out with a cleaning rod.

Archived