My G18 won't cycle properly in this temperature (144a).

Sacarathe
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm using Abbey Predator Gun Gas 144a.

The cylinder is about out of gas, I need another, what should I buy next?

The gun is WE G18, with metal slide. I could buy a replacement resistant blowback chamber (name right?).

Also looking for a TM G18 upper (they're compatible with TM G17 lowers right?

Could it be the G18 cannot reach the pedals?

Sorry... I'l grab my coat!!

• Supporters
8 hours ago, Sacarathe said:

I'm using Abbey Predator Gun Gas 144a.

The cylinder is about out of gas, I need another, what should I buy next?

The gun is WE G18, with metal slide. I could buy a replacement resistant blowback chamber (name right?).

Also looking for a TM G18 upper (they're compatible with TM G17 lowers right?

No, trigger unit is different. You'll need a TM G18 lower. 

11 hours ago, jcheeseright said:

No, trigger unit is different. You'll need a TM G18 lower. 

Ah, well in that case I think I'll just revert to my original request for information on alternate gas power sources. Thanks.

Though I am prepared to "upgrade" the gun for cold endurance.

9 hours ago, jcheeseright said:

Nuprol 3.0 will work, it's the brute force option though. 

I think I'll give that a try.

And my resulting research has elucidated the difference between the gas I have and what's available, I'm no longer surprised it's not working. I have only ever used it in a TM G17.

I would try the nuprol green gas and then if still having issues the stronger one in the red bottle (used that in my WE 17 during winter when it was pretty damn chilly and it performed well as long as I didn't spam the trigger to quick lol)

47 minutes ago, lemon191 said:

I would try the nuprol green gas and then if still having issues the stronger one in the red bottle (used that in my WE 17 during winter when it was pretty damn chilly and it performed well as long as I didn't spam the trigger to quick lol)

The problem it seems, is that I failed to fully appreciate the gas I was already using. I've ordered some Abbey Predator Vertex gas.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a WE G18 and it was horrible! I spent a year trying different options (Nuprol 2.0, 3.0, various other mixes) and I just found it to be incolsistent and unreliable. The TM version is by far superior on Nuprol 2.0 or WE Green (The same stuff) all year round. Only thing I will say is that the TM mags were not as good as the WE ones!

32 minutes ago, Snakeeyes75 said:

I had a WE G18 and it was horrible! I spent a year trying different options (Nuprol 2.0, 3.0, various other mixes) and I just found it to be incolsistent and unreliable. The TM version is by far superior on Nuprol 2.0 or WE Green (The same stuff) all year round. Only thing I will say is that the TM mags were not as good as the WE ones!

I believe the WE ones release more gas per shot. I bought the WE G18 because it was cheaper. No regrets - but also no idea where it will chrono at.

I'm going to pick up a Cyma G18 and put my TMG17 into storage.

6 minutes ago, Sacarathe said:

I believe the WE ones release more gas per shot. I bought the WE G18 because it was cheaper. No regrets - but also no idea where it will chrono at.

On 3.0 I was getting about 335fps (With a .2) problem I had was with the god aweful hop unit! The TM one would hit 45/50 meters accurately whereas the WE would be good for about 30. I used a TBB, TM rubber and various polished parts to aid the cycling.  

8 hours ago, Sacarathe said:

Non Blow back?

boooo

blow back is the only reason I've got my pistols, along with the sound.

Archived