Front end cap for free float rails?

Hitman_Actual
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Evening all,

I have recently fitted a Nuprol Bocca free float rail & would like to support the front end of the barrel like this:

fT0L4wW.thumb.jpg.91f33e0991454d10f2227d90c966103f.jpg

Anyone know of any suppliers? I have looked high & low but can only find larger ones which I guess are for Real Steel rifles

Thanks

Jon

• Supporters

I don't know if my eyes are doing something different to yours, but it looks pretty clear to me that the front of the handguard is not touching the barrel.

The entire point of the 'freefloat' design idea is that none of the handguard touches the barrel, particularly at the front.  Please post links what you think you've found, because if there is a product in existence that adds contact between the rail and barrel to the front of a RS rail, that's really bloody weird and pointless.

If your outer barrel isn't sitting straight, tighten down your barrel nut further if possible, also try adding shims between the base of the barrel and the barrel nut.

9 hours ago, CKinnerley said:

I don't know if my eyes are doing something different to yours, but it looks pretty clear to me that the front of the handguard is not touching the barrel.

The entire point of the 'freefloat' design idea is that none of the handguard touches the barrel, particularly at the front.  Please post links what you think you've found, because if there is a product in existence that adds contact between the rail and barrel to the front of a RS rail, that's really bloody weird and pointless.

If your outer barrel isn't sitting straight, tighten down your barrel nut further if possible, also try adding shims between the base of the barrel and the barrel nut.

Thanks for the response, I have ordered some shims ;)

Archived