Loadout - Mixing A-tacs & Helikon Legion Forest

Parado
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I need to get an opinion on mixing these two camos and whether or not they'll work together. (A-tacs FG and Helikon Legion Forest), also can I get an opinion whether this combo is good for the UK outdoors.

I am thinking of going A-tacs FG for the plate carrier:

8088.jpg

With Legion Forest camo for clothing:

helikon_shirt_legion1.jpg

Or if there are better mixes I am open to new ideas.

Thanks to all for your opinions.

DPM is over used like Multi-cam and MTP so I want to stick with something new, and I'm not rly a fan of solid colours.

Guest PT247

If how it performs is less important than looking good, then it works if you like the look of it.... (am not dissing that as a choice btw, I love the airsoft catwalk and have spent way too much on trying to look good!) :D

Guest PT247

have you considered Multicam Tropic? Not many wear it.... (although I do and love it) and I am not a fan of standard multicam

Good idea, having a look at it now. Looks good but it is hard to get a hold of. $_1.JPG?set_id=880000500F

• Head Moderator

I have a chest rig in A-tacs FG, and helmet cover and rather like the colour and pattern (although I only bought the chest rig due to the fantastic discounted price on Warrior kit).  I think it looks better than multi-glam. 

The classic DPM is still the best for UK woodland.  However, the airsoft hobbyist can wear whatever is affordable, makes them happy or feel epic :D

36 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

I have a chest rig in A-tacs FG, and helmet cover and rather like the colour and pattern (although I only bought the chest rig due to the fantastic discounted price on Warrior kit).  I think it looks better than multi-glam. 

The classic DPM is still the best for UK woodland.  However, the airsoft hobbyist can wear whatever is affordable, makes them happy or feel epic :D

What camo clothing do you wear?

• Head Moderator
2 minutes ago, Parado said:

What camo clothing do you wear?

Being a Cold War warrior I wear DPM.  I do have multi-cam which I purchased to be on a particular side for a milsim event.

I spend more time playing CQB indoors/underground so wear urban grey.

• Mostly Retired Moderators
2 hours ago, Parado said:

DPM is over used like Multi-cam and MTP so I want to stick with something new, and I'm not rly a fan of solid colours.

I happen to be selling some fantastic CADPAT camo here:

Very unique and not often worn and good for woodland.

22 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

I happen to be selling some fantastic CADPAT camo here:

Very unique and not often worn and good for woodland.

Nice idea. Unfortunately those are way to big for me. 

• Moderators

looks good, didn't realise Helikon did that style?

I wear for wooded sites, as tbh it makes no difference trying to be a tree with my black AEGs, FG trousers with Coyote top, cap and rig, although awaiting a warrior deal to get the FG one id prefer....

but as long as its practical and doesn't ruin your fun value, go for what your happy with....if pencott greenzone was cheaper, id go for that haha

A lot can depend on the type of woodland. Heavy woodland favours the darker colours, where as lighter woodland with less tree cover favours a lighter shade. 

I play in fairly heavy woodland, lots of trees, ferns and ground litter. I use od green trousers, a do, ubacs with od green warrior raptor and a fast helmet with a flecktarn cover. It's works as there is a lot of shadow and greenery. 

But it let's be honest, at airsoft ranges the biggest give away is movement and camo is of limited effect.

Archived