Help for Heroes Charity Event

Robert James
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

17 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Sorry to be a fanny, but I'm not going to know if I can make this for sure until tomorrow.

What's the chances of walking on? Or is it pre-book only?

I'd call them, and ask. As its low numbers so I'm not sure they would have a problem

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters
3 hours ago, L3wisD said:

Sorry to be a fanny, but I'm not going to know if I can make this for sure until tomorrow.

What's the chances of walking on? Or is it pre-book only?

And as it is so low numbers so far, you could always book and then cancel if you had to.

• Supporters

Is someone going to use my LVOA? Just need to know whether or not to charge batteries and/or pack mags for it.

On 2017-6-19 at 8:54 PM, ImTriggerHappy said:

Why?

:ph34r: Trying to be a Ninja in the darkness, but like you said, yes i'll be bring a torch, wouldn't be good going Humpty Dumpty on those stairs.

On 2017-6-21 at 9:21 AM, L3wisD said:

I might have to come on my own, my two buddies can't make it.

Never been on my own before! If you see a lonely soul in the safe zone come and say hello!

If you do decide to go i'll be another lonely soul as my friend has flaked.

Anyway I'm all booked in, Looking forward to say hello to you all :)

• Head Moderator

I plan being in the first safe zone (as you enter from the outside) and wearing the usual urban grey, so come over and say hello.  Be good to meet some other forum members.

A shame if numbers are low because this is for charity.  On the plus side, less players means more freedom of movement.

• Supporters

Ill also try for first room. Ill be in a complete set of Kryptek Highlander with two pistols.

• Head Moderator
32 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

I've hit up the Berkshire Airsoft Facebook group to try and drum up a few more players

I think they are called "Berks" ;).

35 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

I've hit up the Berkshire Airsoft Facebook group to try and drum up a few more players

BDszpVi.png

I didn't there was raffle entry just for turning up... 

but i still appreciate the effort for more interest 

• Supporters

I'll be the pilchard that looks lost all the time with the superman patch on his chest( purchased specifically for this event so you can tell who I am):unsure: 

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

I will be wearing the indifference camo and trying to hide from the weird overly friendly gamesworkshop nerdy f*ckers. They creep me out :wacko:

Isnt there something about a pig? Or was that someone else?

• Supporters

How can you hide? I'm not sure indifference camo has the same affect as MTP and the like... You'll stick out like a sore thumb... And those nerdy GW guys are going to try and befriend you!(if there are any there...)

:D;)

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Prisce said:

How can you hide? I'm not sure indifference camo has the same affect as MTP and the like... You'll stick out like a sore thumb... And those nerdy GW guys are going to try and befriend you!(if there are any there...)

:D;)

Think of it as a forcefield of unapproachableness and there is always one.

• Head Moderator
35 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

I will be wearing the indifference camo and trying to hide from the weird overly friendly gamesworkshop nerdy f*ckers. They creep me out :wacko:

Are we still meeting up in Games Workshop to kill a few Orcs/Dwarves/Trolls before tonights skirmish?  I was looking forward to seeing your newly painted Space Marines. :lol:

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

Are we still meeting up in Games Workshop to kill a few Orcs/Dwarves/Trolls before tonights skirmish?  I was looking forward to seeing your newly painted Space Marines. :lol:

There will be plenty of trolls around its Saturday night in Reading.

• Supporters

Is 6:30 when the first game begins, or when the site opens?

• Head Moderator

Normally doors open 1815-1830 hrs, after the Zombie afternoon session is over. Expect first game to begin about 1930 hrs, once the players are kitted up and have been safety briefed by staff.

Well, I've just got back home and picking up my partner

just wanted to say thanks for a great evening everyone, we raised more than I thought and I for one had a great night 

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Robert James said:

Well, I've just got back home and picking up my partner

just wanted to say thanks for a great evening everyone, we raised more than I thought and I for one had a great night 

Was a goodnight and was good to catch up with some people.

Loved listening to some of you screaming as you were chased through the basement.

Archived