Help for Heroes Charity Event

Robert James
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Head Moderator

I normally have 3 on me.  Try to use light as little as possible in the basement, do not want to give location away.  Hate getting backlit by team behind me but there are times you want to go bright and illuminate something/someone. I usually put a light on when hit and am walking back to the respawn to show I am out, making sure that I do not shine it at faces (another annoying habit some players have as they bimble around).

• Supporters

I will have three lights that I will be using there as well. I keep a small Safariland RRL on my helmet for either light (haha, puns) illumination or for when im dead (dead man on light has saved me a few times). I also have a Surefire XC-1 light on my mk23 and a Veridian light/laser combo for my M&P. If I was was to use a primary gun I would also have a Powertac e5 (aka the superlight I use at The Mall to suppress corridors just by shining it down them haha). I dont use them too often, often only long enough to confirm the unlucky guy I just snuck up on is indeed an enemy!

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I might have to come on my own, my two buddies can't make it.

Never been on my own before! If you see a lonely soul in the safe zone come and say hello!

• Head Moderator
10 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Never been on my own before! If you see a lonely soul in the safe zone come and say hello!

I am going alone but know that there will be some of the usual forum suspects attending :), so I will catch up with them and you in the safe zone.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, L3wisD said:

2 hours ago, Jedi_Master said:

I am going alone but know that there will be some of the usual forum suspects attending :), so I will catch up with them and you in the safe zone.

Seems like most of the people there will be forum people. And I've gone alone just about very time. You'll be fine.

• Supporters

Just a quick one, we are coming on Saturday, booked and everything, it's our first time, just wondering what parking is like? Is it height restricted? Limited spaces? Got a tall car and don't want to be stuck not able to get in!

Thanks in advance.

Just now, Prisce said:

Just a quick one, we are coming on Saturday, booked and everything, it's our first time, just wondering what parking is like? Is it height restricted? Limited spaces? Got a tall car and don't want to be stuck not able to get in!

Thanks in advance.

Parking won't be an issue as not so many people are coming, I don't think there will be an issue with height either. Can be a bit tight in the parking area though at times 

• Supporters

Yeah, deciding wether to bring the battleship or use the ole work van... Battleship is about 7'6 tall... Hence why I asked about the height restriction. Got a long way to travel, we shall be setting off about 3:30... Hopefully get there early enough!

• Head Moderator

The parking spaces are very tight, and my parking sensor scream like crazy.  I normally get any passengers to exit the vehicle before I attempt to get into the space because often only just room to open one door.  I put all the kit in the boot for easier access.  If you do arrive early, you can always kill some time in the A2 airsoft shop which is a 5 minute walk away.

Yeah it's very much "Get as close to the concrete post on the left as possible"

Usually have to fold the mirrors in before I get into the car park.

• Head Moderator

Friends say "See that you have been to The Mall again".

I reply "Yes, how did you know?"

And their response is "You have some new scratches on the doors, scrapes on the alloys, and rubbed tyres"

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Jedi_Master said:

If you do arrive early, you can always kill some time in the A2 airsoft shop which is a 5 minute walk away.

I will be early but will kill time by having an afternoon snooze in my air conditioned room or having a nice cold drink at the bar before setting out on the long journey round the corner to the mall.

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

I will be early but will kill time by having an afternoon snooze in my air conditioned room or having a nice cold drink at the bar before setting out on the long journey round the corner to the mall.

Totally not jealous<_<

Think ill take the work van then, the defender is a bit big and I don't want to scratch it>.<.

• Supporters
41 minutes ago, Prisce said:

Totally not jealous<_<

Hotel for the win :D

2 minutes from mall then 2 minutes to pub after then 2 minutes back to hotel to sleep before waking up getting a full english and then walking 2 minutes back to mall to play Sunday.

Think my weekends covered.

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Hotel for the win :D

2 minutes from mall then 2 minutes to pub after then 2 minutes back to hotel to sleep before waking up getting a full english and then walking 2 minutes back to mall to play Sunday.

Think my weekends covered.

Ok, I am jealous.... I have a 3 hour car journey both ways... Care to swap?:D

Full English..... Evil evil man...

Sorry to be a fanny, but I'm not going to know if I can make this for sure until tomorrow.

What's the chances of walking on? Or is it pre-book only?

Archived