Newbie nonsense R85 A1 death by idiot

Bullethead
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Out in the garden whilst she's at work, like you do. No? Just me again then ;)

Anyway click etc clack and gun jam. Being an inquisitive and slightly hand fisted muppet I've taken the thing apart, even after reading the post about not taking it apart if you don't know what you're doing. "I most certainly don't"

Any hoo, bits on top of the piston tube thingy have shat themselves (sorry if not allowed) dropped inside, met up with others who's names we don't know (tarts) and the motors burnt out now. I must learn that when things don't sound and smell right to stop pulling the trigger :rolleyes:

So, new motor no probs, but the question is now I think I've got it freed up and working ish, the bits on top seem to a mechanism for pulling the cocking handle back and forward when fired, (stop me when I'm wrong please, cos I can keep going)

Other than it not going forward and back and clackett noise making, is it necessary?

Or should I just hire one for the day next time out :D

Photo 30-03-2017, 13 12 46.jpg

Photo 29-03-2017, 11 24 27.jpg

The blowback parts (cocking handle going back and forth) are not necessary. I disconnected them on my L85 (and other EBB guns), and I'd recommend anyone else to do the same.

My main concern would be making sure nothing fell into the gearbox itself, the lower half with the gears in, especially. 

At this stage, you may as well find a video on youtube and open up the lower gearbox to investigate. Take pictures so you can see where everything goes before disassembly. 

The worst part of working on a gearbox is the main spring, in particular when closing the gearbox. You can avoid this though as your gearbox splits into two parts.

On 31 March 2017 at 11:46 AM, Hangtight said:

I will see your main spring and raise you the bloody anti reversal latch...

Just opened up the gearbox because it kept jamming, anti reversal latch intact but Spring snapped...

would it still work with the anti reverse latch removed? Or am I close to hurting myself :rolleyes:

On 31 March 2017 at 11:19 AM, Dechande said:

The blowback parts (cocking handle going back and forth) are not necessary. I disconnected them on my L85 (and other EBB guns), and I'd recommend anyone else to do the same.

My main concern would be making sure nothing fell into the gearbox itself, the lower half with the gears in, especially. 

At this stage, you may as well find a video on youtube and open up the lower gearbox to investigate. Take pictures so you can see where everything goes before disassembly. 

The worst part of working on a gearbox is the main spring, in particular when closing the gearbox. You can avoid this though as your gearbox splits into two parts.

Thank you

Archived