newbie Krytac CRB 2 battery types and some other stuff

Mephisto
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys, my Krytac CRB 2 will arrive this weekend after a long time waiting for stock un the UK. I'm new to the sport, so I'm trying to find out specs for the battery.

I can't get the right dimensions I can use on the CRB 2. I have a LIPO charger I use for my remote controller cars, but I believe they are far too powerful, 2S (7.4v) 90C 6A, and I'm using 4mm banana plugs on them.

What voltage and C discharge rate would be better for this gun? What are the dimensions for batteries? I think about getting the biggest I can to last as long as possible. I saw somewhere that CRB 2 can come with deans or tamya plug, can anyone confirm?

Thanks!

I've ordered two of these, I usually play at the Mall and I'm swapping them at lunch break but they normally by that time are around 70 ~ 80 %, of course this is higly depending of your style of playing. Your Krytac most likely will have the 25k motor and I would recommend going for the 7.4V instead of the 11.1V. Whilst the 11.1 will work just fine it will lower the motors life span. 

Take care and call your hits.

10 hours ago, Georgeturner2001 said:

Krytacs come wkth mini tamiya connections.

you looking for a 7.4 or an 11.1?

Well, that is like in RC, if I get 11.1v will make the motor rev a lot faster. Is this a bad thing? in RC you can burn a motor with that.

9 hours ago, PT247 said:

if running 11.1v LiPo then you need to stay around the 15-20C level, on a 7.4v it isn't an issue

Yep, so the more cells, higher the voltage but also higher the discharge, so you need a higher rate of discharge on the battery

1 hour ago, Sico said:

I've ordered two of these, I usually play at the Mall and I'm swapping them at lunch break but they normally by that time are around 70 ~ 80 %, of course this is higly depending of your style of playing. Your Krytac most likely will have the 25k motor and I would recommend going for the 7.4V instead of the 11.1V. Whilst the 11.1 will work just fine it will lower the motors life span. 

Yep, I'm leaning towards 7.4v as I'm not sure I want higher rate of fire or risks damaging the motor and gears. I'll keep this battery on my shortlist, thanks!

Does anyone know the battery dimensions that can be used? I'm looking at hobyking https://hobbyking.com/en_us/airsoft/batteries.html?dir=asc&order=price&wrh=1 as I use these batteries on my RC cars for a long time and they are very good. I just want to ensure I get the right dimensions.

Guest PT247
2 hours ago, Sico said:

Your Krytac most likely will have the 25k motor and I would recommend going for the 7.4V instead of the 11.1V. Whilst the 11.1 will work just fine it will lower the motors life span. 

(20k not 25k motor) and the gun is fine on an 11.1v as long as you keep the C rating reasonably low.

1 hour ago, Mephisto said:

Well, that is like in RC, if I get 11.1v will make the motor rev a lot faster. Is this a bad thing? in RC you can burn a motor with that.

Yep, so the more cells, higher the voltage but also higher the discharge, so you need a higher rate of discharge on the battery

Yep, I'm leaning towards 7.4v as I'm not sure I want higher rate of fire or risks damaging the motor and gears. I'll keep this battery on my shortlist, thanks!

Does anyone know the battery dimensions that can be used? I'm looking at hobyking https://hobbyking.com/en_us/airsoft/batteries.html?dir=asc&order=price&wrh=1 as I use these batteries on my RC cars for a long time and they are very good. I just want to ensure I get the right dimensions.

You are not going to be spinning the motor in the same way you would an RC car (unless you are a very bad shot that is lol) so the motor will be fine. The reason for keeping the discharge rate low is Krytac guns can suffer overspin at UK fps levels, if you use a low C rating 11.1v it shouldn't be an issue. The gearbox was designed with the American market in mind so can take far more abuse than our low 350fps limits will be able to dish out. It will run perfectly fine on a 7.4v LiPo but to get a better trigger response the 11.1v does the job nicely.

By all accounts the UK version of the CRB should run 7.4, spoke to krytac and they recommended avoiding 11.1s on our downgraded motor.

Archived