Nuprol Delta series, yay or nay?

Readman97
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Okay guys, im new to professional airsoft and as such, im still in the midst of completing my load out, i have yet to get clothing, a sidearm and a mask, i recently got the nuprol delta pioneer defender AEG and so far im pretty happy with it, im yet to test it out on a battlefield but so far it seems good, definitely a good starter gun IMO, but, a question for you seasoned professionals, how do they hold up in the field? What faults can i expect to encounter? And crucially, is this a good enough weapon to do well in a match? 

• Supporters

First thing is "Professional Airsoft" is an oxymoron. Airsoft is just a fun game there is no professional level. 

Your gun will be fine to use its an ok entry level gun that while not spectacular is still ok. Regarding what to expect as regards failure its a case of who knows. The delta series is fairly new to the market so they haven't had any long term impressions made yet.

Have you actually played airsoft before and if not how did you buy a rif?

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Readman97 said:

I bought it by being of legal age to purchase an RIF for the use of air soft skirmishing

But you still need some form of provable defence. Just being 18 and saying I want to play Airsoft doesn't quite class which is why the 3 game for site membership guideline exists to prove thst the person is actually an active player. There are other defences but the seller is meant ask for some proof to satisfy that it is a legal sale.

What shop did you buy it from?

I went to a shop yesterday for a GBB pistol, ended up with two, but not the point.

they didn't actually ask for any defence, they said "we don't need your UKARA number for hand to hand deals, only when it is online."

obviously they got the idea that we did actually Airsoft, with the Sniper rifle we showed them, and the broken ICS m4 which we handed to them to be repaired.

therefore they probably see that we Airsoft.

i don't think they'd sell weapons hand to hand if they don't see much evidence that you mso Airsoft though..

I informed them im wanting to get into airsoft skirmishing, that's all they needed, they trusted me to use it for legal purposes, i wont disclose the shop as it will most likely result in a negative backlash on their part, i asked if my setup was any good, not for a discussion on the legality of owning RIFs, if i have legal intent, i am within the law, end of.

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Readman97 said:

I informed them im wanting to get into airsoft skirmishing, that's all they needed, they trusted me to use it for legal purposes, i wont disclose the shop as it will most likely result in a negative backlash on their part, i asked if my setup was any good, not for a discussion on the legality of owning RIFs, if i have legal intent, i am within the law, end of.

You may have not broken the law

BUT

YOU are fully aware the shop might be in breach by not checking your defense

To slightly illustrate this further you then ask some questions etc....

loadout how well it will perform blah blah blah

If/when you skirmish even just moderately or now n then you will understand this more

In answer to your question - yeah it will be ok

the main thing is remember the player not the gun is more important

you may witness this as some people with really cheap crappy guns can still hold their own

plus seen upset PolarStar owners not happy being taken out by cheap crappy AEG owners

RTFM - if supplied, google the basics of adjusting hop etc....

FFS - use common sense with safety & eye pro

despite many of us not being too hard nosed about our ego on the field

we most certainly take safety very very f*cking seriously

You should or rather the shop most certainly should of sold you a 2-tone IF- Immitation Firearm

NOT a RIF, tbh the shop is a f*cking nob shop no matter who the f*ck they are

PS - think you could of bought better/cheaper but should be ok imho

Two tone for outdoor skirmishing is like putting a flashing neon sign over a sniper..

The shop was on site to a grounds under construction and after displaying legitimate interest and even enquiring about becoming a member of said grounds, they had no reason to doubt i will be using it for the sole purpose of skirmishing, considering my shotgun licence expired 7 months ago, i think im more than well enough trained and competent in the handling and ownership of RIFs. The shop did nothing wrong, not even remotely, UKARA is an organisation and not a legal requirement for ownership of a RIF, yes it helps reduce RIF related crime, but it is not a legal requirement, more just a suggestion.

• Supporters
41 minutes ago, Mos said:

I went to a shop yesterday for a GBB pistol, ended up with two, but not the point.

they didn't actually ask for any defence, they said "we don't need your UKARA number for hand to hand deals, only when it is online."

obviously they got the idea that we did actually Airsoft, with the Sniper rifle we showed them, and the broken ICS m4 which we handed to them to be repaired.

Thats actually b*ll*cks defence must be proven at point of sale and owning an airsoft gun already isn't a defence.

24 minutes ago, Readman97 said:

Intent to play is not actually a listed defence so the shop has actually broken the law. There has been a few cases of the laws on airsoft being scrutinised over the last couple of years and a few scare stories in the press involving rifs so the last thing airsoft needs is shops not adhering to the laws or following the guildlines. It's in the best interests of everybody involved in the hobby to toe the line as it's only going to take one really good f*ck up to cause problems for us all.

I asked you a perfectly reasonable question after giving you a perfectly reasonable answer. But seeing as I got a rude response ending with the words "end of"  I will just point out if you want help it's best not to come on here and act like a nob.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

The highly respected airsoft team Alpha wolves tactical highly recommend the Nuprol Delta range. And frankly, their opinion is the one to watch for.

Also, I've no idea why people buy guns before at least trying a game of airsoft first.

I wouldn't buy a parachute before trying sky diving. What happens if you hate it?

And you mention your shotgun license only expired 7 month ago.

If I had a CBT that expired 7 months ago, I wouldn't go and ride a scooter on the road.

• Supporters
19 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

The highly respected airsoft team Alpha wolves tactical highly recommend the Nuprol Delta range. And frankly, their opinion is the one to watch for.

Unfortunately I think Alpha wolves have folded but fear not the head honcho is still around as the

Commander in Chief of Reaper 6 Airsoft

I sh*t you not that is what he calls himself.

https://m.facebook.com/dom.wetherell

Have look and see how to NOT do airsoft.

7 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

L3wisD - Never heard of them. Can't find anything under that name on google which would deem them to have any level of expertise to that where their opinion means jack-diddly-squat.

OP - Having had a shotgun license is completely irrelevant to the requirement to have a skirmishers defence to purchase. So regardless of which ever way you got the RIF, whoever sold you it was breaking the law by selling it to you. Intent is not proof. It won't ever be under any aspect of any UK law. Saying you won't name the company that sold it is almost as bad, as that means the company has further potential to continue selling RIF's, which has potential to harm the hobby/sport. That won't net you any popularity, especially on this forum.

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, GiantKiwi said:

L3wisD - Never heard of them. Can't find anything under that name on google which would deem them to have any level of expertise to that where their opinion means jack-diddly-squat.

Try here https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCbCyXwwOHerOPtJtJx45NVA

Its gold and if you only ever watch one airsoft video it should be one of those.

Just now, ImTriggerHappy said:

Try here https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCbCyXwwOHerOPtJtJx45NVA

Its gold and if you only ever watch one airsoft video it should be one of those.

And that crap is worse than the garbage I was producing 2 years ago, they have little to zero following, so my assumption would be correct.

Just now, ImTriggerHappy said:

Think Lewis was aiming for sarcasm.

Ah well. I'm half asleep after a day of meetings. 

Frenchie Airsoft seemed to like the Nuprol Delta stuff (ex-AI Mag writer) if you're wanting an opinion that's actually worth something :P 

23 minutes ago, GiantKiwi said:

OP - Having had a shotgun license is completely irrelevant to the requirement to have a skirmishers defence to purchase. So regardless of which ever way you got the RIF, whoever sold you it was breaking the law by selling it to you. Intent is not proof. It won't ever be under any aspect of any UK law. Saying you won't name the company that sold it is almost as bad, as that means the company has further potential to continue selling RIF's, which has potential to harm the hobby/sport. That won't net you any popularity, especially on this forum.

If you think im here for popularity, you're sadly mistaken

• Supporters

Let's all rewind a second. The 'Airsoft Exemption' states that a RIF may be sold to a person over the age of 18 for the purposes of organised skirmishes at an insured game site. 

Nowhere does it specifically state that you must be able to prove you've already done it.  UKARA requirements are a belt and braces approach that near enough 100% protects retailers from any kind of legal issue with a sale, nothing more. 

To the OP, the Nuprol Delta series are pretty new to the market, though I'd be very surprised if they aren't just rebrands from a big box manufacturer like JG or CYMA.  That appears to be the MO for Nuprol. 

• Mostly Retired Moderators
44 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Unfortunately I think Alpha wolves have folded but fear not the head honcho is still around as the

Commander in Chief of Reaper 6 Airsoft

I sh*t you not that is what he calls himself.

https://m.facebook.com/dom.wetherell

Have look and see how to NOT do airsoft.

Oh lordy..

gnkkPFY.jpg

We have to go deeper..

29 minutes ago, jcheeseright said:

Let's all rewind a second. The 'Airsoft Exemption' states that a RIF may be sold to a person over the age of 18 for the purposes of organised skirmishes at an insured game site. 

Nowhere does it specifically state that you must be able to prove you've already done it.  UKARA requirements are a belt and braces approach that near enough 100% protects retailers from any kind of legal issue with a sale, nothing more. 

To the OP, the Nuprol Delta series are pretty new to the market, though I'd be very surprised if they aren't just rebrands from a big box manufacturer like JG or CYMA.  That appears to be the MO for Nuprol. 

I've done a bit of outdoor shooting at around 100 feet and so far its doing well, i think ill set my hop up to hit POA POI at around 50 feet as the grounds under construction ill be going to is an indoor range, ill also zero my reflex for around the same distance, nice to see someone offering genuinely good replies and not just slamming the store for selling an ex Mossberg 500 owner a black airsoft gun just about capable of breaking skin at point blank range lol

1 hour ago, L3wisD said:

Also, I've no idea why people buy guns before at least trying a game of airsoft first.

I wouldn't buy a parachute before trying sky diving. What happens if you hate it?

And you mention your shotgun license only expired 7 month ago.

If I had a CBT that expired 7 months ago, I wouldn't go and ride a scooter on the road.

So wait.. If you wanted to jump out of a plane, you wouldn't buy a parachute? I think youd find yourself only trying that once ;)

• Supporters
1 hour ago, jcheeseright said:

The airsoft exemption was done on the agreement that airsoft would be self policing. Part of that was the Retailers Association and other organisations doing their bit which is where UKARA was born. There was some mention somewhere from what I recall of recognised skirmishers and a set of guidelines for all of it. None of the the guidelines mention the defence of "Allright guv likes the looksie of this airsoft game so sells me gun and I promise I won't rob a granny with it onest"

People need to remember its a do as you are told guideline or we will bring in licences and fees or even ban it situation. Because that could of happened so lets all be sensible.

37 minutes ago, Readman97 said:

just slamming the store for selling an ex Mossberg 500 owner a black airsoft gun just about capable of breaking skin at point blank range lol

Couldn't give a toss if you owned a shotgun, howitzer or a f*cking Challenger tank none of it has anything to do with airsoft.

Welcome to the forum by the way :D

Archived