TM Hi-Capa or TM Glock 18c?

Mos
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Edit: sod this thread,

Ended up going down to DTW Airsoft in Colchester - absolutely fantastic shop, selling sniper rifles, AEG's, HPA guns, GBB pistols, non GBB pistols, vests, battle systems, hats, gloves, eye pro, and other little things like silicon oil, BBs, gas etc.

bloody good shop. Will be back.

anyways, after talking to them about the sniper rifle and getting some advice, and then handing them the broken m4, we cracked on with buying a GBB pistol.

after about 40 minutes of just testing the guns in the range, we managed to cut it down to two guns, Cybergun Colt m1911 in stainless steel silver, and a brownish handle or a Cybergun Colt m1911 in black.

The silver one had official Colt engravings, which is awesome, and both are fully metal. 

The black one didn't have Colt engravings, but it was black, so that's kinda cool.

silver = £135

black = £115

Both full metal, both run on those small CO2 bottles, that I use in the Mancraft kit.

And both are GBB

after some had decisions, we bought both. 

The reason why we didn't get a TM Hicapa/G17 is because they're plastic, and to me and my brother the effect of metal is significant, as it makes it feel more legit, and proper. Plus we could get the pistols on the day, and not have to wait.

managed to get a deal at £210 with some silicon oil to clean the barrel.

good day !

Both guns are good, my only 2 pence is that glock holsters are easier to get hold of, however my hi-capa 4.3 has been going for at least 11 years (got it second hand january 06), only thing I've changed is the barrel, hop rubber and recoil spring.

19 minutes ago, lemon191 said:

First question is do you need the pistol to be full auto? The glock is a nice gun but I'm sure long term the 17 will serve you better. 

Do you mean the Hi-Capa will serve me better?

yes, I think I have come to the same conclusion.

thanks

55 minutes ago, geoffreym said:

Both guns are good, my only 2 pence is that glock holsters are easier to get hold of, however my hi-capa 4.3 has been going for at least 11 years (got it second hand january 06), only thing I've changed is the barrel, hop rubber and recoil spring.

11 years? Wow. 

Probs go for a hi Capa then.

thanks

11 hours ago, lemon191 said:

I suggested the glock 17 as an alternative to the 18c. Same looks just without the auto 

Ah, my bad.

auto is unnecessary IMO. So thanks.

either really, probably need a holster too..

For the glock nuprol do a plastic retention holster which has worked really well for me. Comes with a belt attachment but you can pick up a mollie adapter as well and as it'd nuprol its pretty cheap 

• Moderators

if you played at Tudders at the weekend, my brother was there with his Hi-Capa, he loves it :)

2 hours ago, djben9 said:

if you played at Tudders at the weekend, my brother was there with his Hi-Capa, he loves it :)

I did play this weekend, it was great fun.

there was only 26 of us (roughly) but still best airsofting day yet!

was he on the armband team? Or the non armband team?

• Moderators

no idea tbh, but said it was a good game....he wore MTP if it helps :rolleyes:

What gas should be used in the hi-capa then? Heard green gas is good but only with a metal slide, the hi-capa has a plastic slide, but some have said that they've used green gas and has not broken the gun at all.

so, which gas do you use, and what should I use. Or just sod it, and use green.

thanks

• Moderators

he was on non armband

he uses black i think....well its in a black can! haha

3 hours ago, djben9 said:

he was on non armband

he uses black i think....well its in a black can! haha

Ah I was on the armband team.

never mind the gas, using those small CO2 bottles in my pistol now.

Archived