Help needed to find a suitable Chest Rig

Kingyhunt3r
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Now, I'm sure that all of us know that airsoft is 90% about looking good while you're playing. I have yet to delve into buying an AEG, or even any basic equipment like gloves, (I do have a list however) but one of the bigger problems I'm having is being able to find a chest rig that I feel would look good on myself. The problem is that, without being wimpy about it, I'm not the smallest of people in the gut area, and I'm conscious about it, mostly the lower area, which most vests or rigs don't cover. What would be perfect for me would be a rig that covers said area, without having a price tag that would involve selling a kidney (maybe two). If anyone can suggest anything, I would be extremely grateful. I've included some images below of loadouts that don't cover the area I'm talking about, in case anyone is confused. Thanks guys.

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

• Supporters

No airsoft is 100% about playing right and any kit choices should be based around functionality ahead of looks.

No chest rigs hide a gut which is why its a common sight to see a roll of flab encased in an over tight ubacs poking out from underneath a rig like Shamu the camo whale. I honestly wouldn't worry about it no one cares and if they do then its their problem. 

1 hour ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

No airsoft is 100% about playing right and any kit choices should be based around functionality ahead of looks.

No chest rigs hide a gut which is why its a common sight to see a roll of flab encased in an over tight ubacs poking out from underneath a rig like Shamu the camo whale. I honestly wouldn't worry about it no one cares and if they do then its their problem. 

No, airsoft is a game and is 100% about having a fun day. If sexy looking kit makes it fun, then go for it.

1 hour ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

No, airsoft is a game and is 100% about having a fun day. If sexy looking kit makes it fun, then go for it.

On a practical note, a ghillie suit is good at hiding a gut. But also, if you play often enough and with good energy, you should be able to shed off most of it fairly quickly :P

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, AshOnSnow said:

If you find combat gear sexy then you have issues!

Playing is fun, dressing up is for fetishes which a whole different sort of fun. 

3 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

If you find combat gear sexy then you have issues!

Playing is fun dressing up is for fetishes which a whole different sort of fun. 

Uh oh, someone call the fun police!

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, AshOnSnow said:

Uh oh, someone call the fun police!

Here we go again!

Let me me put it simply I have no issue with people wearing what they like unless it prevents them feeling hits. But I do have an issue with people who place dressing up ahead of the game itself and this comes from years of playing and putting up with sh*t team mates and enemy players who turn up and don't play properly because all that matters is that little delusion that they look tacticool. I appreciate a good loadout as long as its worn by a player who actually gets stuck in.

And yes I hate geardos but I also know that nice kit doesn't make someone a geardo and reserve that term for the multiglam catwalk queens who leave their team fighting a man down because they are worried about dirtying up their pretty little outfit. Or those wearing teflon camo.

Have we cleared that up now are you all happy or do I have to put on the bitch mask?

6 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Here we go again!

Let me me put it simply I have no issue with people wearing what they like unless it prevents them feeling hits. But I do have an issue with people who place dressing up ahead of the game itself and this comes from years of playing and putting up with sh*t team mates and enemy players who turn up and don't play properly because all that matters is that little delusion that they look tacticool. I appreciate a good loadout as long as its worn by a player who actually gets stuck in.

And yes I hate geardos but I also know that nice kit doesn't make someone a geardo and reserve that term for the multiglam catwalk queens who leave their team fighting a man down because they are worried about dirtying up their pretty little outfit. Or those wearing teflon camo.

Have we cleared that up now are you all happy or do I have to put on the bitch mask?

Now now, play nicely.

• Moderators

if your really worried....but don't be....get a warrior DCS or RPC and get the drop down pouch

but it also depends how much you want to spend as they are over £130 and DDP £30+.....

the Warrior DDP is velcro based so may fit other rigs out there that are a lot cheaper ,you'll need to look into them really.

I have it attached to a CPC but only as i have no where to keep the car key when im out playing safely when i want to take minimal out in the field

but i wouldn't worry, i take more hits to the side, under the armpit / chest area than the front....oh and the face :D

Lets be fair, were all grown men playing toy soldiers... The only reason anyone should get greif is if theyre a tool.

Everyones just there to have fun, or they should be.

Could add a molle belt to sit under the carrier ? But as others have said I wouldn't worry at all, there's plenty of people of all shapes playing and once the shooting gets started no one cares what they look like it's not a hollywood block buster lol

Archived