Glasses + mesh mask

SCAR_Jester
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Wanted to try and change up my loadout a little bit with a pair of glasses (pair not relevant)

Question for all you crazy people is, and I might be crazy, can a bb bounce up off the mesh and into my eye?

Now most if not all glasses give enough protection from the side but not under, I find it unlikely a bb could get under but possible, my worry is the mesh may help this.

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Corky

I don't know about that, but last night at the mall I found a tracer bb landed inside my DYE I4 mask. It was rolling around inside infront of my eye like water. I've no idea how it got there other than it came from my gun.

Just now, Sacarathe said:

I don't know about that, but last night at the mall I found a tracer bb landed inside my DYE I4 mask. It was rolling around inside infront of my eye like water. I've no idea how it got there other than it came from my gun.

The first statement is hard enough on its own but from your own gun?!

HOW?! :lol:

It is possible for a bb to end up behind the lens although very unlikely. It happened to me once and that was with a seal at the bottom as well. I think what happened was the bb struck on the edge of me eye socket and bounced straight up squeezing between the rubber seal and my skin. I think the bb did touch my eye but by that time there was no energy left in it to cause any damage.

• Supporters
9 hours ago, Sacarathe said:

I did not see any enemy players with tracer units.

One yellow player was running tracers all night and there was a second one in the last game. There is also the possibility of you picking up a ricochet or friendly fire from a teammate.

Long story short is this can happen to full seal in really bizzare circumstances, so it definately can with open goggles.

I honestly think running non full seal is somewhat insane.

But then again some people just go shooting glasses and no facepro cause they don't wanna ruin their larperator ness

18 minutes ago, Kash said:

Long story short is this can happen to full seal in really bizzare circumstances, so it definately can with open goggles.

I honestly think running non full seal is somewhat insane.

But then again some people just go shooting glasses and no facepro cause they don't wanna ruin their larperator ness

Perfectly said, 

after thinking, I think I'll run some sort of small goggles with my mesh, just because my desert locusts are so cumbersome.

• 3 weeks later...

Haha when i first started the site i went to gave out full mesh masks or shooting glasses me wanting to look cool went for the classes and one day i leaned round the corner a bb shot out my fromt tooth and his second shot ricochet into my nose xD 

Archived