P&J M4A3

AshOnSnow
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just bought an M4A3 off TaiwanGun - CM.007. 

Im hoping that it'll stand the test of time quite well for a £140 full metal AEG - there seem to be a few upgraded internals so it shoots 420fps out the box, they're fitting a guarder SP100 spring and 6.03 steel inner barrel for me before shipping it out. 

Will switching to a lower power spring and knocking 100fps off it help reliability dramatically? Just occurs to me there will be less stress on the system as a whole. Will it increase ROF?

• Supporters
2 hours ago, AshOnSnow said:

Just bought an M4 off TaiwanGun - CM.007. 

Will switching to a lower power spring and knocking 100fps off it help reliability dramatically? Just occurs to me there will be less stress on the system as a whole. Will it increase ROF?

a couple of rounds - tbh probably need to put in a Guarder SP90/95

Their springs are a bit strong for their rating....

SP100 does not mean the same as a M100

some say they chrono & rate their springs on 0.25's & why their springs are higher

also the barrel is a decent length & if a tbb is also fitted then that can creep it up a smidge

ooh now you are worried - I'm sure TWG will drop in a spring to bring it within the tolerance

(they probably would drop in a sp90 me thinks)

think they know what is what roughly before they chrono it

Chose SP100 because it was rated for 330 fps. Figured the tightbore would end up pushing it into 340-350.

Well, sh*t.

• Supporters
8 hours ago, AshOnSnow said:

Well, sh*t.

don't sweat it - think TWG know what they are doing

they might use a m90/95 or their "usual" spring they use to bring down hot guns

most of Europe run with lower limits than china guns out of box

just remember Guarder springs are good but just a tad warmer than we often think

SP100 does not mean M100 but perhaps more like a M110 spring the reports say

often most springs are a little tiny bit warmer new as they are only a rough guide and fade a smidge in use

The guide is quite rough as longer/shorter barrels effect the fps or creep

plus - total spring compression can be increased by spacers/bearings/spring guide

so the same spring in two guns/build "could" produce 300 to 360 fps (honest)

On 3/23/2017 at 11:36 AM, Sitting Duck said:

don't sweat it - think TWG know what they are doing

they might use a m90/95 or their "usual" spring they use to bring down hot guns

most of Europe run with lower limits than china guns out of box

just remember Guarder springs are good but just a tad warmer than we often think

SP100 does not mean M100 but perhaps more like a M110 spring the reports say

often most springs are a little tiny bit warmer new as they are only a rough guide and fade a smidge in use

The guide is quite rough as longer/shorter barrels effect the fps or creep

plus - total spring compression can be increased by spacers/bearings/spring guide

so the same spring in two guns/build "could" produce 300 to 360 fps (honest)

TWG downgraded it, the test sheet they included showed 336, 343, 348, 342, 344. They didn't use the SP100 or tightbore, I think they just cut down the existing spring, or as you say, put in their "usual" spring. Quite a lot of variation, so I don't think the spring quality was up to much.

Anyway, I sent it straight into the techies at Stevenage who've fitted the tightbore, the SP100 and with the hop up in it shoots bang on 350 (i think one test shot did 351 they said, but I'm not worried about that), and far more consistent - within 3fps. What I did notice however is that the rail system on the front is actually in 4 separate sections and there's a little bit of wobble (apart from that, the guns really solid), I think they've tightened that up too. Going to nip out and pick it up tomorrow, can't wait to shoot it for the first time!

Also impressed with the cheapo EOTech clone I bought with it. Razor sharp and crystal clear, came with both a screw type and quick release type mounting screw, the green setting is super bright. Doesn't glow up from the front either like some of them do. Feels rock solid.

Unfortunately, UPS gone screwed up and delivered 3 days late, so I missed the skirmish on Wednesday night which I was looking forward to. Night games are rare and lots of fun. Got to wait until the 16th until the next skirmish. Damn!

• Supporters

ooh night games - you could of bought a tracer for about £18:

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/silencers/illumination-silencer-black?from=listing&campaign-id=19

probably crap - some of these china tracer units give up the ghost quick

but look damn cool firing out streams of day-glow plastic ammo

anyway - glad ya gun came in ok for the chrono

ooh night games - you could of bought a tracer for about £18:

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/silencers/illumination-silencer-black?from=listing&campaign-id=19

probably crap - some of these china tracer units give up the ghost quick

but look damn cool firing out streams of day-glow plastic ammo

anyway - glad ya gun came in ok for the chrono

Might be a bit of a giveaway of your position though :P

Apparently, someone complained that it was "too dark" and asked for their money back. Literally chose to go to a dense woodland site in the middle of nowhere on a new moon with overcast weather, and then said it was too dark. LOL!

• Supporters

or they was scared & needed their mummy

dark cqb places like Mall & old Epsom Tunnels - some players have tracers

I asked a guy who wasdoing a 50/50 mix of reg & tracer bb's why he uses them

So I can see them hitting the non-hit-takers down there & bouncing off them etc...

fair enough

Now Epsom - that was darkness even if you ate ya carrots

14 minutes ago, Sitting Duck said:

or they was scared & needed their mummy

dark cqb places like Mall & old Epsom Tunnels - some players have tracers

I asked a guy who wasdoing a 50/50 mix of reg & tracer bb's why he uses them

So I can see them hitting the non-hit-takers down there & bouncing off them etc...

fair enough

Now Epsom - that was darkness even if you ate ya carrots

Not been to either - only played RIFT sites.

Lol, when I was in the store I was talking about these russian blokes who came to a night game geared up to the teeth - FLIR scopes and the lot. The guy there said "I've got my own version of night vision. Match and more card for morrisons grocery - 20% off carrots."

Archived