ASG Scorpion not working

gameaholicbrad
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I have had my ASG Scorpion EVO 3A1 for a couple of months now and its worked fine. Great gun, shoots true and great range. However, last Sunday it double fed and stopped working. I have a red light in the mag well coming from the gearbox and it double beeps when the trigger is pulled then doesn't do anything after that but show the red light.

Has anyone experienced this and know/ give suggestions how to fix it? Id rather not have to send it back if i can help it but the retailer is happy for me to do this if I need to. I only say i'd rather not as it means paying for the shipping etc and then waiting a couple of weeks to get it back.

I have tried different batteries that I know were charged and yes I have cleared the BBs ;)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Brad

20170322_114642[1].jpg

The red light is the mosfet attached to your motor, when you connect the battery you should hear a beep.  By your description, if you hear the motor attempt to spin and then the two beeps then it's your gears.  I had the exact same problem, after i opened it (i wasn't bothered about voiding warranty) the middle gear had sheered off 3 teeth and so i used it as an excuse to upgrade to stronger gears.  If you aren't comfortable opening it up, send it back while it's under warranty.

• Supporters
8 hours ago, gameaholicbrad said:

Hi all,

I have had my ASG Scorpion EVO 3A1 for a couple of months now and its worked fine. Great gun, shoots true and great range. However, last Sunday it double fed and stopped working. I have a red light in the mag well coming from the gearbox and it double beeps when the trigger is pulled then doesn't do anything after that but show the red light.

Has anyone experienced this and know/ give suggestions how to fix it? Id rather not have to send it back if i can help it but the retailer is happy for me to do this if I need to. I only say i'd rather not as it means paying for the shipping etc and then waiting a couple of weeks to get it back.

I have tried different batteries that I know were charged and yes I have cleared the BBs ;)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Brad

Here's a page worth joining, there's plenty of help and ASG are a part of the page as well.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1483154278670711/

Archived