Help needed with gun buying

Rentakill
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

There's a mahoosive gap in the barrel in the area you mention, so yes it'll be in 2 parts.

Pretty sure most people will advise against buying from any site with 'bbguns' in the URL though.  Start looking on proper retailers like Land Warrior, Pro Airsoft Supplies, Airsoft Zone.

• Supporters

-'Safety glasses' with huge gaps all around

-NiMh battery from the 90s

-Way over priced for what it is

-Sold by Z1, notorious scammers, con-artists, mislabelers of products and generally terrible people when it comes to customer service

Pretty much never buy a "starter pack".  Do proper research on what you want and where the best places are to get it.  eBay is full of surplus military issue eye pro at great prices.  Component-shop do quality LiPos (and chargers) that overshadow NiCd/NiMh packs in every way.  Plenty of far better shops to give your money to than the daylight robbers at Z1 as well.

3 hours ago, CKinnerley said:

-'Safety glasses' with huge gaps all around

-NiMh battery from the 90s

-Way over priced for what it is

-Sold by Z1, notorious scammers, con-artists, mislabelers of products and generally terrible people when it comes to customer service

Pretty much never buy a "starter pack".  Do proper research on what you want and where the best places are to get it.  eBay is full of surplus military issue eye pro at great prices.  Component-shop do quality LiPos (and chargers) that overshadow NiCd/NiMh packs in every way.  Plenty of far better shops to give your money to than the daylight robbers at Z1 as well.

its not really over priced.. yeah the glasses are abit meh and the battrey is a nimh.

the gun itself is worth £130.. if you could put a better "starter pack" for less or the same price i would like to see it.

• Supporters

Why is price more important than the quality of the safety gear or the hazardous chemical containers that are housed near your face?  It's not a dig at you, it's a dig at retailers and Z1 specifically for pushing junk on new players who haven't got the experience to know better yet.  It's overpriced because it doesn't make sense to buy that stuff, and I already provided information in my last post as to where people can buy alternative parts to that pack.  I can guarantee you with 100% certainty they're buying those BBs, batteries and safety specs in from china in bulk at minuscule prices and gouging the customer massively.

5 minutes ago, CKinnerley said:

Why is price more important than the quality of the safety gear or the hazardous chemical containers that are housed near your face?  It's not a dig at you, it's a dig at retailers and Z1 specifically for pushing junk on new players who haven't got the experience to know better yet.  It's overpriced because it doesn't make sense to buy that stuff, and I already provided information in my last post as to where people can buy alternative parts to that pack.  I can guarantee you with 100% certainty they're buying those BBs, batteries and safety specs in from china in bulk at minuscule prices and gouging the customer massively.

I know it wasn't a dig at me.

i just thought it was a decent price for the bundle with that gun for a start kit as the OP was going to spend £200 on that other RIF. but yeah most of Z1 stuff is stupidly over priced. but then again most retailers are.

As mentioned steer clear of bundles... Grab a raider yes.. Grab eye protection a mask and battery, but pretty much all that comes with that pack would not get used after the first skirmish. Guarantee the mask will flap and not be comfortable, the glasses clearly have gaps and would fog up first use making them useless.

Spend the extra £40 on decent starter gear rather than crap...

I have learnt the hard way!!!

• Supporters
10 hours ago, Andyraven said:

i just thought it was a decent price for the bundle with that gun for a start kit as the OP was going to spend £200 on that other RIF. but yeah most of Z1 stuff is stupidly over priced. but then again most retailers are.

Well, I think you need to might want gain a bit more experience before beginning to give out advice in that instance.  Again, not a dig it's always good to have people who want to help each other out, especially in this game when there's so many questions and no definitive beginners guide, especially as brands and retailers come and go with such frequency and technologies and equipment change over the years.  But as mentioned most of these 'started packs' are not made up of quality kit and by shopping around different places people can easily get far better stuff for literally a couple of quid more, if not the same price.

The glasses dont look that bad, just looked at a review on them.

The mask is a double strap so "flapping" is limited.

The charger is decent for what it is "auto cut off"

The Battery is abit meh but would I get  9.6v

And i have never used the BBs so I have no idea on the QC on them.

this isnt a bad bundle. I've seen alot worse.

Just because some of you have grips with certain retailers there's no need to knock them for trying to make money.

CKinnerley i wasn't giving out advice i was suggesting an option that might be appealing to new players to get into the sport.

Like you said every little help.

I had some cheap bolle glasses when I started .. they were awful, they fogged up before i left the safe zone and the arms snapped way to easily. It's not about zero one bashing almost any hobby/sport the "starter kits" are always made up of the cheapest items they can source. 

Batteries and chargers , he will no doubt change them not long down the road and then it's no longer a good deal because he's spending more money to replace them.

Although the option might be 'appealing' it's only real purpose is to get a new, inexperienced player to buy all their kit at one vendor. Sure, it can be argued that this offers value for money, but that value quickly disappears when a players first experience of a skirmish exposes any shortcomings in the accessories they've been sold.

I've seen it happen. Eye pro that fogs, is uncomfortable and in some cases ineffective. Batteries that don't exactly flatter the gun and last half the day. Cheap ammo that is wildly inaccurate or the cause of feeding and jamming issues.

If you shop around then it's possible to get yourself set up with much higher quality gear at the same price. But there's the rub. Vendors don't want you to shop around.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Andyraven said:

this isnt a bad bundle. I've seen alot worse.

Just because some of you have grips with certain retailers there's no need to knock them for trying to make money.

CKinnerley i wasn't giving out advice i was suggesting an option that might be appealing to new players to get into the sport.

Like you said every little help.

Seeing worse does not however make it good, far from it.  And yes there's absolutely a need to bash Z1 at any opportunity in my opinion, they've proven themselves to be absolutely horrendous on so many occasions I've lost count now and they don't just try and make money, they try and wring out every single penny from people who don't know better via any unscrupulous tactic they can use, then cut and run with the money.  Go read through all the archived posts and negative reviews of them on this board and others, there's a mountain of evidence against them.  If you disagree that's fine, but trust me I'm not going to stop.

'Suggestion options' is what I'd called the definition of giving advice tbh.  I don't personally agree every little helps if the advice isn't sound and isn't based on a solid base of knowledge, if anything that's doing the opposite of help.

I sometimes have a quick visit over to the Z1 forum when I need a quick laugh, because the prices on the items in the advertising banner are hysterical...

2 hours ago, CKinnerley said:

Seeing worse does not however make it good, far from it.  And yes there's absolutely a need to bash Z1 at any opportunity in my opinion, they've proven themselves to be absolutely horrendous on so many occasions I've lost count now and they don't just try and make money, they try and wring out every single penny from people who don't know better via any unscrupulous tactic they can use, then cut and run with the money.  Go read through all the archived posts and negative reviews of them on this board and others, there's a mountain of evidence against them.  If you disagree that's fine, but trust me I'm not going to stop.

'Suggestion options' is what I'd called the definition of giving advice tbh.  I don't personally agree every little helps if the advice isn't sound and isn't based on a solid base of knowledge, if anything that's doing the opposite of help.

its my opinion to suggest something that looks good to me, i never said the bungle was great but its better then others iv seen like the onces with cheap plastic with mesh eye pro.

iv noticed that some Z1 RIFs are cheap then other sites but then again iv seen some priced stupidly high.

i have also ordered some items from Z1 with no problem what so ever so have some of my friends i play with.

im not defending them as ive read stuff about z1 on this forum. but for from my own experience i have nad no problems.

**Edit**

Anyway this is getting way of topic.

To OP get what ever gun/items you find more suited to your needs.

Archived