New Site - Hertfordshire - Your thoughts required !

RussAFO
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

On 5 April 2017 at 10:09 PM, Jedi_Master said:

If I am driving 3 hours to get to an event then I want it to be worth my time and fuel.  I do not mind an early start if the day is going to be fun (and yes this is subjective).  I had a very bad experience last year of a film sim event that failed to meet my basic expectations, and was the worst day of airsoft I have ever experienced.  Far too much time just waiting around for the next scenario (which were generally poor) with a second team of six that just faffed around and took ages to do anything, and very little time actually shooting. Then they wanted to go home early. Overall very disappointing and means I will not return there again.

Time shooting and in actual contact with "enemy" is important to me.  I do not want hours of briefings, tabbing miles to reach an objective to then wait around with nothing happening, and a long walk back to respawn.  Been there, seen it, and bought the T-shirt for real.  Airsoft it is about fun and plenty of action.  Being an older player I do not want or need long infil or extraction to objectives.  

Less players should be better, more room for manoeuvre and not getting bottlenecked.  10 hours of play time is good but only if it involves actual shooting, not guarding bases, handling POWs, OP work, walking to next objective, or just sitting around with thumb up arse waiting for something to happen.

Hi Jedi

I have also been there and got the t shirt and all the guys involved with me in this are all airsofters, we have a lot of experience of the game between us.  I agree on some of your points with regard to Milsim/Filmsim and have suffered the sitting about and wandering around. That is not what we are about. Yes there are tactical briefings, alongside the safety brief. But these will enhance and provide players with the correct information/intelligence that they need to participate. They do not go on for hours. We are conscious of re-spawn time, so we use realistic, but fun medic rules to reduce walking miles, we also use FOB's for a re-bomb, a breather, or squad/player regen. I am very confident our scenarios will give plenty of 'trigger time', give fast paced gameplay and hopefully our enthusiasm and organisation will weed out those that 'can't be bothered' or 'faff about'. 

Squads and teams will have a instructor/marshall with them at all times, for advice, tip/hints and safety and we want our teams to win !! Or the losing marshals have to clean the loos !! 

No POW handling, no OP work, no sitting around ( unless your squad really wants to ). We have lots of room to manoeuvre, though we can purposely create choke points just to liven things up ! 

We just ask that people give us chance. 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6 April 2017 at 4:37 PM, Carta4 said:

Hi Storm Tactical!

Would just like to say this sounds great. I would happily come along to the opening day, along with our team (4 on a bad day, 12 on a good) to support you and see how you operate. I'll give some feedback:

-Happy to pay the asking by pice for an opening day, happy to repeat that providing it's good quality.

-We don't mind tabbing distances as long as there is always a risk of engagement, this would come from good comms and Intel being fed to both forces. 

-It's closer than our regular site so could well be our new haunt!

-Our regular skirmish consists game time between 10:00-16/17:00 with scenario breaks and lunch. That's £25.

-Recently attended a 24hr milsim for £55 on a pretty big site. Site was awesome, engagements were great but to few, pyro was provided (team not personal). 

-Worst thing for me on events is a lack or organisation and application from people running the show. It filters into every aspect and affects everything. Get that right and I'm sure you will be good.

Keep us updated on the website and Facebook pages.

Thanks

Gaz

Hi Gaz

We really appreciate your support and would love to see you guys come along for the ride. What we believe we do well is organisation and planning and our team are the most enthusiastic and friendly guys there are. I absolutely agree with you that negative, apathetic site marshals/managers ruin the game. We are not pile it high sell it cheap. We want to start a journey for us and the people that come along to have a great days airsoft with us. 

Slight delay on website, FB will be posted in the next 24 hours. We will be on site next week making improvements. We are all looking forward to a brilliant summers airsofting ! 

Two MET police. One Para and a Bootneck! Gonna be great!

• Head Moderator
2 minutes ago, RussAFO said:

Squads and teams will have a instructor/marshall with them at all times, for advice, tip/hints and safety and we want our teams to win !! Or the losing marshals have to clean the loos !! 

No POW handling, no OP work, no sitting around ( unless your squad really wants to ). We have lots of room to manoeuvre, though we can purposely create choke points just to liven things up ! 

We just ask that people give us chance. 

That sounds good, and I would like to attend an event if the date(s) fit work and family schedule.

1 minute ago, Jedi_Master said:

That sounds good, and I would like to attend an event if the date(s) fit work and family schedule.

Thats fantastic. More importantly, at the end on the day we will crack open a couple of slabs of beer and listen to everyone's feedback should they want to hang with us on site. We want our customers to tell us their views. Then we improve it for our customers...... 

• Supporters
20 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

If you do let me know when I will try and come along and join you it could be a laugh.

I will give it a proper no bullsh*t review on here after.

• Head Moderator
1 hour ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

If you do let me know when I will try and come along and join you it could be a laugh.

I will give it a proper no bullsh*t review on here after.

Certainly.  It would be good to have you on the same team and give us somewhere new to explore. I can pick you up on the way.

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

Certainly.  It would be good to have you on the same team and give us somewhere new to explore. I can pick you up on the way.

Sounds like a plan will go for a group of us though and maybe go for a weekender, beer and steaks night before?

• Head Moderator
Just now, ImTriggerHappy said:

Sounds like a plan will go for a group of us though and maybe go for a weekender, beer and steaks night before?

A cunning plan that could work well. Staying over saves travel time on game day. Plus steaks and beer are a winning combo :D

8 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Welcome to camp in my garden. I live 10 mins away. Might even let you brush your teeth indoors :D

2 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Unless your garden has at least 4 stars and room service forget it.

Ok, the house has free bedrooms. We can put the fire pit in the garden!

(dunno how the wife would feel about room service tho) 

1 minute ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Pig roast!

Jedi you still got that 4×4? I feel a bit of rustling coming on.

Pre-milsim hog roast! Why does that sound too good??

• Head Moderator
1 minute ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Pig roast!

Jedi you still got that 4×4? I feel a bit of rustling coming on.

Yes, if there is a Waitrose nearby we can rustle up a decent BBQ.  Not sure that Crashtest will want me digging a Dakota fire hole in the garden to cook with.

1 minute ago, Jedi_Master said:

Yes, if there is a Waitrose nearby we can rustle up a decent BBQ.  Not sure that Crashtest will want me digging a Dakota fire hole in the garden to cook with.

Feel free! Will come in handy as a parenting tool. :o

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

No don't ruin it I feel a whole lord of the flies vibe going on. 

Anyone know a four eyed fat little f*cker I can tie to a stake.

• Head Moderator
2 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

No don't ruin it I feel a whole lord of the flies vibe going on. 

Could be more Lord of the Rings.  Time to indulge your LARP fantasies so that you can bring your whole love of Warhammer to life :P

Ok I retract my offer of a room at the inn. 

sh*t's bout to get weird with you two! :blink:

• Head Moderator
Just now, Crashtest33 said:

Ok I retract my offer of a room at the inn. 

sh*t's bout to get weird with you two! :blink:

No weirder than the next airsofter, just tend to go slightly off topic at times.  You are welcome to join us for food and some social drinks when we do visit.

10 hours ago, Samurai said:

Back on topic: objectives for snipers too please. Recon, finding info, VIP elimination.

Hi Samurai

This is great sniper territory. We do have those themes built in to our scenarios. Prior to an event we will ask who wants to play a sniper role and make sure they have plenty to do. 

Russ

13 hours ago, RussAFO said:

Hi Gaz

We really appreciate your support and would love to see you guys come along for the ride. What we believe we do well is organisation and planning and our team are the most enthusiastic and friendly guys there are. I absolutely agree with you that negative, apathetic site marshals/managers ruin the game. We are not pile it high sell it cheap. We want to start a journey for us and the people that come along to have a great days airsoft with us. 

Slight delay on website, FB will be posted in the next 24 hours. We will be on site next week making improvements. We are all looking forward to a brilliant summers airsofting ! 

Facebook link

https://www.facebook.com/stormtacticalairsoft/

Archived