New Site - Hertfordshire - Your thoughts required !

RussAFO
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Costing is good and fair for the product we can expect.

(Cheaper per hour than the local skirmish sites!)

Remember the expertise of the people running this potential MilSim site.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, RussAFO said:

In regard to cost and timings details below.

0800 start time, finish time between 1800 to 2000hrs. At least a 10 hour day. Expect trigger time all day.

( the potential of a 30 min break when game play allows for a brew ) 

Cost

£40 early booking

£45 on the day.

On the opening day all attending players will be given free membership to the site, which entitles them to discount on further games, plus pyros, ammo and other sundries. 

They will receive a pack of goodies, patches, membership cards/unique ID No., ammo and some other little items we know people will love. 

In relation to costing, Hertfordshire is a difficult area to procure the right sites and that also makes it more expensive for site rentals/deposits etc. ( We are currently in negotiation on 2 other sites ) 

We would like you to consider this.

A typical skirmish is £25 to £30 a day. Max 5 hours playing time, if the day runs smoothly = £5 to £6 an hour. 

Our day is £40. Playing time 10 to 12 hours. = £4 to £3.30 an hour. 

Please feel free to comment. 

Cheers

Russ

HI Russ,

thank you for the reply, definitely keeping an eye out for this site opening there's a group of about 4-5 of us who normal paly with each other "giggedy" so would look at coming down.

Pricing seems about right for the type of day and location so seems good to myself similar to what the above people have said have paid around those prices for a skirmish and would pay more if its a well run site with great gameplay.

Timings wise, I Like the idea of a later start in the summer months as it will be lighter for longer. Also means, as I am the driver normally, I don't haver to get up at 5:30am lol

cheers

22 hours ago, Crashtest33 said:

Costing is good and fair for the product we can expect.

(Cheaper per hour than the local skirmish sites!)

Remember the expertise of the people running this potential MilSim site.

Respectfully, I would pay this price as it seems fair but I would only pay it again if the team who run it prove themselves capable of delivering a quality days Airsoft. However impeccable their credentials in other regards, that is all that would matter. I have attended sites run for a long time by former forces personel or sites with armed response police as part of the Marshal team - and I stopped going (in-part) because they were crap at running it.

6 minutes ago, skarra333 said:

Respectfully, I would pay this price as it seems fair but I would only pay it again if the team who run it prove themselves capable of delivering a quality days Airsoft. However impeccable their credentials in other regards, that is all that would matter. I have attended sites run for a long time by former forces personel or sites with armed response police as part of the Marshal team - and I stopped going (in-part) because they were crap at running it.

Absolutely, goes without saying.

Have positive expectations though. These chaps also have extensive experience in the Corporate entertainment/teambuilding industry. I've worked for some of the same companies!

54 minutes ago, asbo1991 said:

Timings wise, I Like the idea of a later start in the summer months as it will be lighter for longer. Also means, as I am the driver normally, I don't have to get up at 5:30am lol

Not just me then hehe ;)

42 minutes ago, skarra333 said:

Hi Skarra

We absolutely agree with you, if we don't get it right, we wouldn't expect people to return and thats just bad business. Service in the Military or police doesn't necessarily make for good site operators. Yes we can bring authentic briefings, tactics and admin, but we favour our corporate event and team building expertise to make a day run well and above all make sure the people who join us have an awesome day. Our priorities are, the players, a sense of humour, good organisation and that we enjoy the day as much as you. We are a service provider and our job satisfaction comes from you guys giving us positive/constructive feedback and continuing to return to our events. 

1 hour ago, asbo1991 said:

HI Russ,

thank you for the reply, definitely keeping an eye out for this site opening there's a group of about 4-5 of us who normal paly with each other "giggedy" so would look at coming down.

Pricing seems about right for the type of day and location so seems good to myself similar to what the above people have said have paid around those prices for a skirmish and would pay more if its a well run site with great gameplay.

Timings wise, I Like the idea of a later start in the summer months as it will be lighter for longer. Also means, as I am the driver normally, I don't haver to get up at 5:30am lol

cheers

Hi Asbo

Really appreciate your support thus far. This can't happen without you guys and we really feel that we can fill a niche in the airsoft community and build a great following. 

On 22 March 2017 at 11:50 AM, Robert James said:

Thanks, this is not too far from me. 

I know we would definitely look into it more. Do you have news on when the website will be ready for viewing?

Furthermore, I hope this would take place on a Saturday :)

Hi Robert

Around 10 days for the website to be completed. 

At this time we are looking at a Saturday as game days. 

Many thanks for your support thus far. 

23 hours ago, Andyraven said:

How many players are you legally permited to be on the site at any given time/day?

Hi Andy

Still in negotiation, but we can run at 60 at the moment and expect this will rise.

Thoughts ?

9 minutes ago, RussAFO said:

Still in negotiation, but we can run at 60 at the moment and expect this will rise.

Thoughts ?

60 is a great start. Im sure that will rise if you make the events enjoyable/memorable. good luck, hope to be one of the first to partake.

3 hours ago, Andyraven said:

60 is a great start. Im sure that will rise if you make the events enjoyable/memorable. good luck, hope to be one of the first to partake.

Agreed 60 is actually small for an outdoor site (hell even mall packs 100+ in most Sundays) and I LOVE smaller games and like the sound of the milsim type tactical element which would mean smaller team make things a little easier to manage.

Also Saturdays are great, I get Sunday to rest up :P

5 hours ago, RussAFO said:

At this time we are looking at a Saturday as game days. 

Well damn... I've worked Saturdays for the past 6 years and doesn't look like it'll change. Fingers crossed you'll eventually do a Sunday game!

8 hours ago, Governor said:

Well damn... I've worked Saturdays for the past 6 years and doesn't look like it'll change. Fingers crossed you'll eventually do a Sunday game!

We promise to switch days to accommodate all those who work the weekends. I remember the shift work vividly ! 

9 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

Agreed 60 is actually small for an outdoor site (hell even mall packs 100+ in most Sundays) and I LOVE smaller games and like the sound of the milsim type tactical element which would mean smaller team make things a little easier to manage.

Also Saturdays are great, I get Sunday to rest up :P

Management of the games is paramount, smaller numbers of players are of course easier to manage. However, inviting those members of the community who want to think a little more about the objectives, play within smaller fire teams and bring their enthusiasm we can promise lots of trigger time. Small can be beautiful. Some of the site topography/ scenario management will create natural firefights, choke points and thinking tactically is important. 

Thanks for the continued support Albiscuit 

Russ 

• Moderators
On 3/22/2017 at 11:22 AM, RussAFO said:

Hi Greg 

The site is located directly off the A10 trunk road near Buntingford, Hertfordshire. ( SG9 9FB - This postcode is 5 mins from the site. ) Extremely easy access and the A10 is a decent road.

Many thanks for your interest.

Russ

Sounds ideal for me as well, with Urban Assault Closing sometime this year (apparently this time it is real) time to look at other sites :)

googling postcode about 45min drive :)

• Supporters

Sounds great to me, we are only 10mile down the road, and work nearish to the site, we have a few friends who would definitely be interested. Out of interest, what sites do you guys use currently, if any? Are you looking at weekly/fort nightly/monthly/quarterly game days? What fps limits are you looking at accommodating? Oh, and what sorta size is the area? Acres? Or smaller?  

Would definitely be willing to help in anyway we can.

Edit: Just had a brain wave, is this site the motocross site? Rereading what you said about the site jogged my memory, would you be using all the site and the woods next door?

ground zero run a very similar style of game play wear you start with safety brief ect teams get made up then you are given a map and a list of times and objectives wear people should be defending or attacking so the day is made up of one huge game but you can easily wonder back to safe zone to ammo up of take a break

works pretty well only played there only one time as I my preferred style if lots of little games team death ect

if you get it right should work pretty well      

On 27 March 2017 at 7:19 PM, Prisce said:

Sounds great to me, we are only 10mile down the road, and work nearish to the site, we have a few friends who would definitely be interested. Out of interest, what sites do you guys use currently, if any? Are you looking at weekly/fort nightly/monthly/quarterly game days? What fps limits are you looking at accommodating? Oh, and what sorta size is the area? Acres? Or smaller?  

Would definitely be willing to help in anyway we can.

Edit: Just had a brain wave, is this site the motocross site? Rereading what you said about the site jogged my memory, would you be using all the site and the woods next door?

Hi Prisce

We really appreciate the interest. Its not the motocross site, though we are aware of it's existence. My guys use many different sites, both locally and much further afield. 

At this stage we are looking at games twice monthly.

FPS Limits

AEG etc - 350fps

DMR/Sniper - 500fps

Its acres, lots of acres ! 

We will keep you posted and update here with any new information. 

Many thanks

Russ

On 28 March 2017 at 10:29 AM, alex90 said:

ground zero run a very similar style of game play wear you start with safety brief ect teams get made up then you are given a map and a list of times and objectives wear people should be defending or attacking so the day is made up of one huge game but you can easily wonder back to safe zone to ammo up of take a break

works pretty well only played there only one time as I my preferred style if lots of little games team death ect

if you get it right should work pretty well      

Hi Alex

Many thanks for your comments and interest. We realise we won't be able to appeal to everybody in the community, but we believe we have found a good 'niche' that will enable newer and more experienced air softer's to try something a little different to a simple skirmish. 

Russ 

• Head Moderator

If I am driving 3 hours to get to an event then I want it to be worth my time and fuel.  I do not mind an early start if the day is going to be fun (and yes this is subjective).  I had a very bad experience last year of a film sim event that failed to meet my basic expectations, and was the worst day of airsoft I have ever experienced.  Far too much time just waiting around for the next scenario (which were generally poor) with a second team of six that just faffed around and took ages to do anything, and very little time actually shooting. Then they wanted to go home early. Overall very disappointing and means I will not return there again.

Time shooting and in actual contact with "enemy" is important to me.  I do not want hours of briefings, tabbing miles to reach an objective to then wait around with nothing happening, and a long walk back to respawn.  Been there, seen it, and bought the T-shirt for real.  Airsoft it is about fun and plenty of action.  Being an older player I do not want or need long infil or extraction to objectives.  

Less players should be better, more room for manoeuvre and not getting bottlenecked.  10 hours of play time is good but only if it involves actual shooting, not guarding bases, handling POWs, OP work, walking to next objective, or just sitting around with thumb up arse waiting for something to happen.

Hi Storm Tactical!

Would just like to say this sounds great. I would happily come along to the opening day, along with our team (4 on a bad day, 12 on a good) to support you and see how you operate. I'll give some feedback:

-Happy to pay the asking by pice for an opening day, happy to repeat that providing it's good quality.

-We don't mind tabbing distances as long as there is always a risk of engagement, this would come from good comms and Intel being fed to both forces. 

-It's closer than our regular site so could well be our new haunt!

-Our regular skirmish consists game time between 10:00-16/17:00 with scenario breaks and lunch. That's £25.

-Recently attended a 24hr milsim for £55 on a pretty big site. Site was awesome, engagements were great but to few, pyro was provided (team not personal). 

-Worst thing for me on events is a lack or organisation and application from people running the show. It filters into every aspect and affects everything. Get that right and I'm sure you will be good.

Keep us updated on the website and Facebook pages.

Thanks

Gaz

Archived