Flat Hop parts

SCAR_Jester
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Currently doing up my G&P Sentry, all stock currently however I want to do some minor changes so I thought, hey Flat Hop!

Now I did it before with a G&G green + Element H-Hop (yes I know that would give me a H no a Flat hop BUT it worked rather well I think)

Could anyone suggest a couple good quality Nubs and Buckings? Or if you think G&P stock bucking is good to go shout it out! :)

Or of course if I should just go G&G green + element H again as both are tried and true in my opinion.      ---(SIDE NOTE: could someone tell me if there's a difference between the black and the white H nubs?)---

Thanks in advance,

Corky

I have a preference for the G&G green, but if the G&P bucking seals well then you may as well use that, I have had good results with the Laylax flat hop nubs, but I've no experience with the element nubs. I would recommend chronoing before and after any changes. :)

14 hours ago, lazybike said:

I have a preference for the G&G green, but if the G&P bucking seals well then you may as well use that, I have had good results with the Laylax flat hop nubs, but I've no experience with the element nubs. I would recommend chronoing before and after any changes. :)

Which would you use for roughly 335fps? 

Hard or soft?

For a flat hop, as long as the bucking isn't total sh*t and seals, it doesn't matter too much. I think the G&P buckings are shite and I've had two of them come in stock G&P's with a dodgy cut end and bad seal. 

G&G green is just a go to standard good ol' bucking.

There is a prommy that you might be able to grab from airlab that is already pre-flat hopped so you dont have to mess around with it. Just something to consider. 

20 minutes ago, Katana said:

For a flat hop, as long as the bucking isn't total sh*t and seals, it doesn't matter too much. I think the G&P buckings are shite and I've had two of them come in stock G&P's with a dodgy cut end and bad seal. 

G&G green is just a go to standard good ol' bucking.

There is a prommy that you might be able to grab from airlab that is already pre-flat hopped so you dont have to mess around with it. Just something to consider. 

Prommy purple I think you mean, if the G&P doesn't work out well enough I'll be giving that a shot! 

However I think I'm fairly lucky, the stock bucking seems to be in good shape and eh barrel is really wedged in tight, worst case I might put tape round it to tighten the seal but it seems to be shooting far and straight enough already .

thanks though 

On 24/03/2017 at 10:08 AM, Corky2110 said:

purple I think you mean

https://airlab.parts/collections/hop-up/products/prometheus-soft-black-straight-bucking-for-r-hop-flat-hop

Nope, black apparently

4 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Trust me there is nothing quick about using an Orga in an AEG.

Apart from the way your wallet empties...

Yeah make sure you don't pick up the 6.23mm barrel from orga on an aeg. Holy f*ck that means a full cylinder and beefy spring most likely and then making sure all the other parts in the GB hold up against the stronger spring and if your bucking is strong enough and just.......yeah, don't go 6.23mm on AEG's.

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, tinkle60 said:

Like I said, Orga also do 6.13, 6.05 and 6.00mm the all have the cuts to rotate a standard AEG bucking and flat hop without modification.

Your correct but the 6.05 is no better than a stock barrel so I would never recommend it as its a waste of money. The pdi is far better.

Haven't tried the 6.00 but any barrel under 6.03 is usually a nightmare and generally lessens accuracy so there is no way I would even consider a 6.00.

The 6.13 are hit and miss and the gearbox will still require a bit of work to make up for the fps drop.

The only orga barrel worth buying or mentioning is the 6.23

• Supporters

On a side note what would you guys think is better? 

G&P Standard hop up chamber or the M4 Prowin one? I have hear raving reviews about the ProWin but when i installed it in my HPA M4 i had a few feeding issues and the adjustment dial kept slipping which meant i had to keep readjusting it.

The Prowin can be fussy about the bucking used, and I believe the tolerances can be variable, with some units requiring a tickle with a Dremel in the loading port to correct some feeding issues. I've got one in one of my guns and that sometimes adjusted itself until I fitted a slightly fatter O Ring under the adjustment dial, and it prefers Maple Leaf buckings. Some others have longer seal lips that project into the feed nozzle and can cause issues. If the standard one works and the Prowin doesn't, the standard one is the better hop up!

My current favourite hop unit is the Lonex /ASG unit.

I haven't tried the prowin but I love my g&p stock, no feeding issues and about +-3fps so seals are great 

+1 for the Lonex hop up unit....looks just the same as any other hop up unit but the adjustment wheel is nice and tight and the feed lips are a little longer than the G&P which means my PTS EPM mags feed every bb compared to when I was using the G&P hop up unit.

Archived