Socom Tactical?

Mitchell Gee
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• 3 years later...

Big thumbs up to Laurence from Socom Tactical, had a call from them re a recent order, one bit was out of stock which they were very apologetic for and he came up with an alternative solution, emailed me photos to see if I was happy, bits will be in the post tomorrow first thing.

Recommended.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporters

I've just used these for the first time.

first impressions were good. Had a slight error with my Order so they called corrected and sent.

but one of the items was faulty so has had to be returned and now its your usual Airsoft Supplier coming out.

Being difficult with refund. Ignoring me emails and if I call and say my name they put me on hold and then hang up.

I don't see why airsoft suppliers are the WORST for actioning refunds and customer services. I've only had three suppliers so far that have been bang on with their services and I've used quite a few.

this is defo another supplier CROSSED OFF my list of ones to use.

• Supporters

first impressions were good. Had a slight error with my Order so they called corrected and sent.

but one of the items was faulty so has had to be returned and now its your usual Airsoft Supplier coming out.

Being difficult with refund. Ignoring me emails and if I call and say my name they put me on hold and then hang up.

I don't see why airsoft suppliers are the WORST for actioning refunds and customer services. I've only had three suppliers so far that have been bang on with their services and I've used quite a few.

Not an isolated incident either, one of the marshals from my local site had a similar issue with ST.

Hi Chris

Would you like to explain the reason the refund was delayed? The Refund would of been instant if we could of but only being allowed 4 hours from package being returned to proccess as refund before you esclulated the claim which then has to go via paypal as it removes the refund button.

Laurence

Not an isolated incident either, one of the marshals from my local site had a similar issue with ST.AS

Also it may be worth speaking to this person i guess initals are S W and asking for the full story.

We pride our self in sorting issues yes there will be the odd customer buy last year out of all our orders the issues that where not resolved with in the day where about 3....

Always good to hear both sides of a story before making judgements. As I said before I was really happy with the customer service and time/effort they took to sort out an issue.

• 1 month later...

I use ST for all my pyro and a few other bits and they have been e-mailing me well until late in the evening past their opening hours to get things sorted in the past. I will use them over anyone else if they have what i need. Super friendly on the phone and through e-mail as well!

• 3 months later...

I seem to be another unfortunate sod to get the craps service: my last order was missing part of an item. No problem I thought, shit happens

I sent an email asking for them to see if they had the part the same day I got the delivery. No reply

I rang up and asked someone, who just said "no problem, leave it with me"

Now, two weeks after my order landed I still have no part, no reply to my email and nobody answering the phone at ST to resolve the issue

Not pleased one bit

Speak to Laurence personally.

I think he was on holiday so he might still be away.

I wish I could speak to anyone :P have you got his number or a way to get in touch with him?

• Supporters

Ordered a box of 0.25g Blasters a couple of weeks ago, was at the weekend I placed the order then get a call on Wednesday saying they are out of stock and i'll have the order the following Tuesday.

A week goes by after this so I tried calling(i.e. 2 weeks total), no answer. Dropped them an email and was told my order got lost in the system, got my order a couple of days later and they gave me a few quid credit. The box the BBs came in was battered so I'm glad it wasn't anything fragile in there.

When I drove down to the shop they were helpful, just seems they are a bit disorganised.

• Supporters

They have had some staff changes relatively recently plus Laurence does still have a full time day job as a sparky. They are usually pretty helpful but as with anyone getting pissy with them doesn't help your case (not that I'm saying you did).

Ring the shop and insist on speaking to him, or contact him through Facebook - Laurence Kay.

I wish I could speak to anyone :P have you got his number or a way to get in touch with him?

Ring the shop and insist on speaking to him, or contact him through Facebook - Laurence Kay.

I've tried ringing but I never get an answer, I'll keep at it.

The missing part is probably only worth a quid, and definitely not worth starting a row over, especially as the magazine technically works without it

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

if any one would like to get hold of me directly the mobile number is on the website this goes directly to me. which i am on from 9am - 9:30 pm excluding sundays and if i don't pick up just drop me a text.

Regarding phone not being picked up please check our opening hours as the shop phone can not be picked up when closed.

i know a few bits can get missed but we where understaffed which has now been resolved with a additional member of staff. and every thing is now running smoothly again.

I know its not a good thing but we have been growing faster than expected over the last 3 years and only wanting to employee staff that have a back ground in airsoft makes it hard due to wanting staff to have knowledge of products.

Laurence

• 9 months later...

My bolt catch on my ghk had some wear on it and wouldn't always lock back so had a look online and Socom had them in stock ordered a few other spares aswell. Ordered Friday and received Saturday just in time for Apocalypse tomorrow. Even rang me to let me know one item was out of stock and will send when it comes in. Excellent service will definitely use again.

• 1 year later...
  • Head Moderator

Ordered a DTD retension holster for my TM Mk23 pistol. Placed the order on a Friday before 1200 hrs and the item arrived by DPD courier at lunchtime on the Monday.  Fast efficient service, email updates on progress, and would use them again.

Visited saturday, great shop and a good bunch of lads. Price matched a grenade launcher for me also.

Left my G36 with them for some work, providing all goes well with that i'll use them for the foreseeable as there fairly local.

Service and repair turned round in 3 days, very reasonable price. Couldnt be happier with the service offered.

Great bunch of lads too.

• 3 weeks later...

I've only had one experience with Socom Tactical and unfortunately it was a negative one. I purchased two magazines which didn't function properly when I tried them. I sent them back to get a refund, over a month went by and I had not got any money back. Email responses were limited, once I had one response and continued to try to understand what was going on, they stopped responding all together. I tried various methods of contacting however could not get past one response from them. I tried calling but had no answer which is underandable if they are having a busy point of the day. I do not live close enough to go in and see them.

Fortunately my issue was solved after nearly two months of endless contacting for my refund. 

I will not buy from Socom Tactical again, however don't just listen to my response. There are many positive responses on this thread, so focus on those, but just be aware that things can go wrong and it can be difficult to chase them up. 

Archived