Tight bore barrels!?

Hamolicious
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Recently I've been looking for a barrel extension and I've seen a lot of 6.01mm tight bore barrels and wanted to ask about them. On the packet of pretty much all BB bags it says 6mm-6.01mm precision therefore the 6.01 BB's will get stuck right, please explain!

Most BBs are 5.95mm, not 6mm or 6.01mm.

if your planning on getting a new barrel for an aeg get a 6.03 as that's the safer option as you'll be firing more BBs down the barrel.

8 minutes ago, tinkle60 said:

Just a thought? Why would you say that then, please explain!

He was confused about it hence why he asked, what more is there to explain?

4 minutes ago, Georgeturner2001 said:

He was confused about it hence why he asked, what more is there to explain?

It was worded like an observation or statement of fact. The OP was about compatibility between BBs and inner barrels, and established the parameters of the question. I would like to know if there are any BB packets out there that actually claim 6mm-6.01mm.

13 minutes ago, tinkle60 said:

It was worded like an observation or statement of fact. The OP was about compatibility between BBs and inner barrels, and established the parameters of the question. I would like to know if there are any BB packets out there that actually claim 6mm-6.01mm.

I'm sure some less quality BBs are branded as 6mm, I'll have a look later and let you know which ones say 6mm opposed to 5.95.

Just to add to this, barrel diameter mainly affects fps and not so much accuracy.

Just look at bore quality for accuracy improvements. Prometheus is good, lonex is alright, PDI is pretty much top dog and ORGA barrels are also regarded as very good indeed.

Madbull's are good for a very good intermediate barrel.

On 3/23/2017 at 6:51 PM, tinkle60 said:

No I didnt mean it as a state of fact just I thought that for some reason, clearly I should have checked before posting. ;)

3 minutes ago, Hamolicious said:

No I didnt mean it as a state of fact just I thought that for some reason, clearly I should have checked before posting. ;)

No worries!

airsoft is one big learning curve!

Archived