jobs

M_P
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Did my time at retail, 5 years in total, with 6 different roles in that time. Then 6 months teaching kids how to kayak, climb, abseil and.. work as a team. Then tesco for a few months, then some travel, then unemployed and now joining the army.

1 month till my pre-adsc. Hells yeah.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just reading throw this and it seen most people are army, planing to join or ex forces and thay tend to be the most aggressive and some of the best at this sport and the best kitted out

• Supporters

Jobless at the moment dont worry im not on benefits or the doll as i dont see the point as i only have to wait until december when i can get my RAF Regiment Gunner interview (i passed the written test first try!,but i have to wait untill december for my interview simply because i have braces...) but i been looking for a part time anyways but people only people who have done the job before which i can see their angle but makes me think why would someone waste time going for a job they have already had and decided to leave lol. Well rant over

• 1 month later...

We have a vacancy for someone to work within our internet bb gun retail operation.

Tasks will include answering customer queries, processing and packing orders, and purchasing.

The applicant will need to be enthaustic, reliable and self motivated. Vacancy is in North Wales / Chester area.

• 1 month later...

Was an 'Elf an Safety Manager for a Pan European Distribution Company but made redundant last year.

Now a Warehouse person/FLT Instructor in a large Tyre Warehouse (Yes it's a large Warehouse and yes we do large Tyres LOL) but being promoted to Assistant Warehouse Manager next month.

Most interesting job was being a 7.5 Tonne ADR Driver as I worked on Royal Ordnance/MOD Contract carrying Dangerous Goods Class 1 & 7.

Jobless at the moment dont worry im not on benefits or the doll as i dont see the point as i only have to wait until december when i can get my RAF Regiment Gunner interview (i passed the written test first try!,but i have to wait untill december for my interview simply because i have braces...) but i been looking for a part time anyways but people only people who have done the job before which i can see their angle but makes me think why would someone waste time going for a job they have already had and decided to leave lol. Well rant over

good luck mate, i spent 4 years trying to join the RAF, finally gave up (just to note down that i got the highest written test score for that month) had the interview and then just stagnated, tried calling every week, and then when i spent £100 on phone bills i went down to chatham every month. army and navy there's a chance with, within 6 months the army sent me through selection (unfortunately didn't get a good enough run time so i'm doing it again in nov/dec time).

and onto me, 3 weeks ago went to an intereview to tesco for shelf stacker with about 5 blood blisters stitching my right cheek and my arm was ripped apart by thorns neetles and BB marks. fortunately the interviewer was also at the game so the job was a cert lol.

Good Luck mate, I've just left Honington (where you will do your basic training). Its a sh*t hole but dont let that deter you. Do your training and then get the hell out. It's not uncommon for Gunners to spend there whole career there. Also the PGAC NCO's are sound lads. Keep your head down and always look after your oppo's and you will pass. Good Luck.

• Supporters

Cheers dude unfortunately i have had to stop the process it seems as i have braces im gonna ask if their is a slight chance i may be able to go but not gonna bother getting my hopes up

Was an 'Elf an Safety Manager for a Pan European Distribution Company but made redundant last year.

Now a Warehouse person/FLT Instructor in a large Tyre Warehouse (Yes it's a large Warehouse and yes we do large Tyres LOL) but being promoted to Assistant Warehouse Manager next month.

Most interesting job was being a 7.5 Tonne ADR Driver as I worked on Royal Ordnance/MOD Contract carrying Dangerous Goods Class 1 & 7.

Promoted to Assistant Warehouse Manager this week...a rather spiffing 55% pay rise to go with it too B)

• 2 years later...

Cinema Manager. Did a stint as a projectionist but that job no longer exists due to digital.

I love the job but hate the company I work for and the long hours are a bit annoying. One day I'll get off my arse and find something more fulfilling.

I dream of a 9-5 job where I can feel I am making some sort of contribution to society, rather than making a few quid for some rich bloke in America.

Repo man :ph34r: . Pay your bills folks.

i knew that was you on the sheriffs! just kidding, joking aside, is the pay good? i was looking into this line of work as i work in security at the moment, but would like to take it a step further and change my career path, been looking at repo jobs but im not sure.

Pay is decent but sometimes not worth the sh*t you get from people. especially dangerous here in N.Ireland as ya never know who you may be putting out if ya know what I mean. Saying that I do the clearing of the house and the former residents are away by the we get there. My mate (another softer) has to deal with most of the agro

• 3 months later...

I've had 2 jobs for the last 8 yrs. Im a welder for 40hrs a week and I also teach sports for around 20 hrs a week. I teach most nights and the odd weekend when either I'm competing or one of the guys are competing.

I should be rolling in it but I'm a busy fool unfortunately.

IT Infrastructure Designer/Architect

Got bored of doing the hands on techie stuff years ago but there's no way I'm willing to take a massive pay cut to change career. Do occasionally contemplate whoring myself to the industry and becoming a contractor though.

• Supporters

Having just read through this I can't see anyone who's 'blatantly' blagging it, I'd be dubious of mr pathfinder but I've run into stranger trades playing airsoft.

As for your good friend who flew Lynx, what squadron was he with? I've been on the Lynx circuit for about 5 years now and may know him.

Mate, im not saying who but a few people in this topic are blatenly blagging it ;)....my good friend sitting next to me was a pilot, flyed lynx. Send me inbox if u still want help

Archived