jobs

M_P
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to do RAF recruiting. You are still eligible to join just need the braces removed first/finish treatment as the RAF has no orthodontists to treat you when you are in.

I got declared unfit for service at selection for the army due to the medical, I had a fucked wisdom tooth and the Doc that I seen I made a joke I was terrified of the dentist (I got it pulled after). But then got a letter a few weeks after saying I was unfit for military service because of the wisdom tooth and my fear of the dentist.how do can I change this?

I got declared unfit for service at selection for the army due to the medical, I had a f*cked wisdom tooth and the Doc that I seen I made a joke I was terrified of the dentist (I got it pulled after). But then got a letter a few weeks after saying I was unfit for military service because of the wisdom tooth and my fear of the dentist.how do can I change this?

Not sure mate but defo don't try the bomb joke at airport check in.

I got declared unfit for service at selection for the army due to the medical, I had a f*cked wisdom tooth and the Doc that I seen I made a joke I was terrified of the dentist (I got it pulled after). But then got a letter a few weeks after saying I was unfit for military service because of the wisdom tooth and my fear of the dentist.how do can I change this?

By voting Tory for the next 10 years you unwashed Separatist pillock :) (Joke.....)

Seriously, it may not have been a permanent bar to service, just go in and ask the recruiting office. If you have had them out it shouldnt be an issue, but I would keep quiet about the fear of dentists thing...

By voting Tory for the next 10 years you unwashed Separatist pillock :) (Joke.....)

Seriously, it may not have been a permanent bar to service, just go in and ask the recruiting office. If you have had them out it shouldnt be an issue, but I would keep quiet about the fear of dentists thing...

There's not enough money in the world that could make me vote for those arseholes.

I'll try the inline chat my nearest office is Dunfermline and its a cunt to get to If they are gonna just tell me to bolt.

Not sure mate but defo don't try the bomb joke at airport check in.

Better waiting until I'm on the plane. If off to new york in 2 weeks so I'll wait until were mid Atlantic before cracking that one :lol:

There's not enough money in the world that could make me vote for those arseholes.

I did it for free and so did the majority ( not more than 51% but in terms of a first past the post system they did )

I think their doin a good job. Can't please everyone and some things have a to be cut but betta that than bury our head in the sand.

All that has one caviet and that is if nation debt hasn't fell by the next election they don't stand a hope in hell. And maybe that's why Cameron has said he won't run again. Maybe him and Blair both know when the iceberg is coming.

I did it for free and so did the majority ( not more than 51% but in terms of a first past the post system they did )

I think their doin a good job. Can't please everyone and some things have a to be cut but betta that than bury our head in the sand.

All that has one caviet and that is if nation debt hasn't fell by the next election they don't stand a hope in hell. And maybe that's why Cameron has said he won't run again. Maybe him and Blair both know when the iceberg is coming.

The debt 100% won't fall in their term. They are still struggling to get the deficit down let alone tacking the debt.

And for the record I voted for them. They are doing a decent job imo but there have been a number of recent tax changes that are attacking the wrong sort of people. Just my opinion of course

Just because they are are working on the deficit, the debt can be worked against gdp. In that instance it could come down, but yes the actual number won't fall.

Agreed. I do think that there has been a swift move towards scoring votes.

In my opinion and I know this is controversial but, if you don't contribute (as a house hold) then you shouldn't be able to vote. In prison? No vote. Not living on this country? No vote. Am sure there are groups of people I've missed.

Just a quick one; have a guess how much you would have to earn to be in the top 1% of earners In The world. No using Google.

It's around (depending on exchange rate) £22/24 k/y. So remember that the next time you say you should earn more money.

Good guess tho prof u trully are the wise one.

http://money.cnn.com/interactive/news/economy/davos/global-wage-calculator/

I should still be paid more.

• Supporters

It's around (depending on exchange rate) £22/24 k/y. So remember that the next time you say you should earn more money.

Good guess tho prof u trully are the wise one.

http://money.cnn.com/interactive/news/economy/davos/global-wage-calculator/

True, but to be in the top 1% in the UK you'd need an average of around £77k. So yes, I should be paid more.

http://i100.independent.co.uk/article/how-much-money-do-you-need-to-earn-to-be-in-the-one-per-cent-around-the-world--byxi1mzI0xg

• Head Moderator

It is pretty irrelevant to compare what we earn in percentage of the total world earnings. In the same way that using the average wage in the UK is a poor measure; just because you earn the national average income does not mean that you have a better living standard compared to someone also on average wage in another region. House prices are so distorted and directly impact how much disposable income you have, i.e. a 3 bed semi-detached house in The North could cost only £150k compared to the same house in The South which costs £300k so needing twice the mortgage. The person on average wage in The North has cheaper standard of living and more spare money for holidays, new cars, entertainment, and airsoft than the person down South. London is just an anomaly. Maybe if we did not have to waste so much money subsidising the EU we could improve our own living standards and have a pay rise.

Agreed Jedi. Wasn't really comparing north south devide or living standards. Just pointing out that for the vast majority of the worlds things are lot worse. But there is the age old saying....

Mo money mo problems.

• Supporters

Nice little infographic/heat map thingy here (granted it's from 2011 so the numbers will be a bit off but still)

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2011/nov/24/wages-britain-ashe-mapped

Nice little infographic/heat map thingy here (granted it's from 2011 so the numbers will be a bit off but still)

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2011/nov/24/wages-britain-ashe-mapped

Salaries in this area have gone stale over the past few years (outside of increases due to inflation), I'm higher than what that map reckons, but the average is a lot lower than mine still.

Mo money mo problems.

Quite right.

My western affluence affords me luxuries that many in the world would envy, like central heating.

However, difficulties affording my LGP (@£60 a canister) isn't something that academics always appreciate when they right their books on how well off we actually are.

• 7 months later...

Some interesting jobs people do on here.

Also find it interesting the ammount of people that are serving forces and play airsoft. I get nothing but stick from my oppos for starting up airsofting.

Myself im a Survival equipment fitter in the RAF. Currently i pack brake parachutes but my work also sees me working on aircrew flight equipment (helmets, life jackets, G suits), ejection seat parachutes, troop chutes, life rafts and survival packs aswell as the SERE survival side of things.

Sounds like a cool job but can be very mundane. Had kit ive serviced used in 2 aircraft crashes in my career (hope ot stays thay way!). Always a good feeling knowing your kit has saved lives though.

Previously I was a vehicle detailer running my own business which I closed down few months back. Now I am full time carer for my son who has asd and aspergers.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty lucky I own an ariel atom that I hire out and instruct in and do red letter supercar instruction

Pretty cool job!

I just recently got a promo to calibration engineer

Archived