Who's Who?

craigie999
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All,

So after around 11/12 Years out I'm now heading back into Airsoft..Needless to say during these 11 years alots changed, including the introduction of the VCRA. Anyhows Back in the Day I used to have a Plethora of toys to choose from, With the Main Makes being TOP, TM, CA, ICS and Star near the end.....Now I look and see countless others.. In peoples opinions what is a decent make to go for? 

I used to enjoy the feel of a heavy full metal, which I could abuse and not worry about, with my pride and joy being a Custom Prime LR300 which is probably now in someones garage wasting away :(

I would be looking for an M4 Variant of sorts - I have a number of old mags for the M4 from various makes..Would these still be useful and work in any of the numerous new brands?

Thanks in advance and maybe see some of you about!

Welcome back, that's quite a gap! That said you'll be a kid in a sweet shop with today's product lines.

I'm biased but for out of the box performance at a reasonable price point, you really can't go wrong with any of the Krytac variants. Plus KRISS is the parent company if you care for that at all.

That said, if you're looking to playing with gearboxes and hand picking parts you can't go wrong with G&P or VFC as a base personally.

You also have HPA drop in units; Polarstar will almost certainly flag up with a search for anything HPA.

Best bet is to check out the link below to view some of the retailers, old and new, and pick out some you like, then report back to the forum to gain some opinions and insights :)

https://airsoft-forums.uk/index.php?/forum/10-places-to-buy/

If you're looking at an AEG, definitely go for a Krytac as aforementioned. They've got a wide selection!

If you're looking at a GBBR (especially an M4), GHK is what you'll be looking for. The gas efficiency (I'd advise GHK G5 magazines) and realism are the best out there.These legitimately do not need upgrading at all, but if you fancy putting money into it anyway (externally or internally) then RATech offer some amazing parts such as 7075 forged aluminium receivers (just released), steel bolt carriers, etc...

GHK internals are already steel though, but RATech uses a harder steel. Not necessary, but really nice to have and adds to the kick.

The TM MWS is also a great M4 but I drastically prefer the GHK.

As for a GBB sidearm, TM seem to still be leading the way there. I'd advise a TM G17. If you don't like the polymer slide, various companies offer aluminium slides. I believe Guarder do a 7075 aluminium trademarked slide. This will reduce gas efficiency though.

IMO, AEPs are a waste of time. 

Aside from that, welcome back and I hope you find what you're looking for! 

Archived