Whats with all the M4's??

NextGenHitman
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
easy to repair, easy to use, most people have mag pouches that fit the STANAG mags, compatability with your mates mags if you run out, and some people genuinely like M4's

So they are more practical, makes sense if you run dry in the field and can use a buddy's mag for a bit.

Recently I'd say the phenomenom of "Armalite Land" has been dying out.

As other designs of firearm are becoming easier (and cheaper) to make in airsoft form, I've seen the armalite start to die out - I've seen far more AKs, G36Cs and Steyr AUGs than M4/M16s in skirmishes.

But yeah - the reason why they were so popular was internally, most were reliable and robust. And nicely cheap.

Whilst I usually despise Armalites (especially when it looks like a Magpull factory exploded next to it...)I'm starting to like the classic M4A1. Classic M4A1, foregrip, M68A1 RDS, in matt black and gun-metal grey (which has nothing at all to do with watching BHD a little bit too much...)

• Supporters
and some weird people genuinely like M4's

Fixed :P

But seriously, I have an m4, despite the fact that I hate them, and have tried to make it as unique as possible, I've used uncommon parts to keep it different etc.

There are a lot of them for good reasons and i understand that, but they're not for me.

They are good, admittantly too..... well some.are anyway.

The Worst thing is when people chuck Magpul parts on them, although I like PMAGs and especially emags.

I like them.for their compatibility, but only because it allows the odd few to do things differently to others

For example have never seen another similar to mine, (casv-m, Magpul UBR, acog+ doctor, gemtech halo and short pmags.

If you like them go vfor it, but like previously said, i have noticed a declining number of them.

Recently I'd say the phenomenom of "Armalite Land" has been dying out.

As other designs of firearm are becoming easier (and cheaper) to make in airsoft form, I've seen the armalite start to die out - I've seen far more AKs, G36Cs and Steyr AUGs than M4/M16s in skirmishes.

I've heard you say this before but couldn't be further from the truth where I play at combat south there are a fair few g36c's but that is mostly because alot of the cheaper makes do good solid ones but among the more established players everyone and there brother seems to have m4's last time I went apart from the rentals I only saw one ak.

I don't mean it to sound like suggesting you are wrong just saying in this neck of the woods atleast m4/16's are massively popular.

I don't mean it to sound like suggesting you are wrong just saying in this neck of the woods atleast m4/16's are massively popular.

It must be the 'North-South divide' :P

Seriously though, whenever I've gone skirmishing, practically the only people with Armalites are Dave, Lep and 2 other members of the team. The remaining 30 or so players have other stuff.

easy to repair,

Dave...can i drive over your M4/16 in a 4x4 and see if it is that easy to fix? :lol:

Weapon history

Springer pistol-sold

DE shotgun-Still alive

M41 G36c springer-Sold

M85 G36c LPEG-Sold

BE AUG CQB-sold

KWA KG36c-Sold

JG G36c/K306-Current

SRC G36k for my Dad-Soon

• Supporters
Weapon history

Springer pistol-sold

DE shotgun-Still alive

M41 G36c springer-Sold

M85 G36c LPEG-Sold

BE AUG CQB-sold

KWA KG36c-Sold

JG G36c/K306-Current

SRC G36k for my Dad-Soon

:unsure: My gun history was to prove my love for the M16/M4 variant :P

Mine was to prove my family are ANTI ARMALITE :lol: although im going to buy an M4 CQB some time soon, probably a KWA M4 CQB 2Gx

i think NOVATCOMBAT.com sell an AUG A2 and A1 but not the A3 :)

I still like the M4s but I like more modern guns like the SCAR and the Masada ACR which is what I use at the moment. I don't really like G36's, they just don't feel right to me. The only one I like is the new blowback but I can see why people go for them.

Buy a KWA KG36c, heavy if you ask me :lol:

Archived