Maple Leaf vs R Hop

Hangtight
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So the the Maple Leaf is supposed to be one of the better bucking choices. Today I got a chance to try them back to back. Different rifles, one with a 300mm 6.03 fitted with a Maple Leaf pink bucking and eraser nub, the other with a 363mm stock brass barrel, rubber hose R hop and eraser nub. Both shoot 320 fps with 0.2g ammo. Testing was done with both 0.25 & 0.28g ASG BBs.

The Maple Leaf could lift the 0.25g well, but with the 0.28g ammo the hop could lift out to around 60+ metres but when checked with the chrono fps was pulled down to 200 fps vs 280 with the hop wound right off. The R hop on the other hand was lifting the 0.28 ammo out to 70+ metres with no drop in fps.

I'll compare the R hop directly with the Maple Leaf in the same gun next week, but I really didn't expect such a marked difference. My son is delighted as his gun now out shoots mine by a fair way.

And 0.28 ammo is definitely the way to go for range and accuracy.

Archived