WE Hi Capa 5.1 Hammer Issue

weldersbench
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone's seen this before and knows a fix? When I cock the gun the hammer does what it's supposed to but when firing it doesn't knock the hammer all the way down and the slide gets stuck on it and it spew the gas out of the mag, that or it doesn't engage the hammer fully, any ideas what would cause this?

Cheers!

IMG_0685.JPG

IMG_0686.JPG

IMG_0687.JPG

IMG_0688.JPG

IMG_0689.JPG

IMG_0690.JPG

so when you pull the slide back by hand it cycles fine but when you fire with gas  it slide back half way and jams?

if so sounds like a dry nozzle/piston head

when was it last oil/greased up

I was running maintenance on it when I found the issue, after disassembling and lubing it all it seemed to cycle fine, yet when i took it to a skirmish it still jams and vents the gas from the mag when trying to fire bbs

Do i need to lube the blowback housing nozzle too?

yeah you want a small amount of grease/oil in the nozzle chamber or on the piston head as running them dry they don't move freely and jam

is the gas the same as before and after the issue

make sure clean the barrel after a few test mags as any excuses oil guna get shot down it  

Archived