Krytac Gearbox air seal poor

Katana
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Anyone else had problems with Krytacs stock air seal? The gun shoots fine but when testing the gearbox compression, the air seal between piston and cylinder is kind of meh...

I've heard of a few others complain of it when they've opened theirs up and wanted to see if it wan't just me and a select few people that have the issue.

With nozzle off and on the compression is still meh...

Maybe some replacement parts or should some teflon seal it up nicely?

• Supporters

Best way to check all the stuff.....

little sink/bowl of water, hold the nozzle or tip of cylinder head

cover the cylinder head in water and test for compression

any leaks will be clearly shown by bubbles leaking at seals/joints

ptfe or gasket sealant some have said - ptfe does me

simple ye ol' puncture test method to diagnose/confirm airtight seal at head

nozzle - place on head but first place say a 7 or 8mm spacer on to push nozzle into its "normal" postion

You will see a bubble or two, the nozzle can never be fully 101% airtight under pressure

if it was - you wouldn't be able to move it back n forth - best you will get is 95-99%

but you get a few bubbles from nozzle in its "firing position" or 7/8mm away from head

don't get or fill the cylinder with water ffs

just submerge the tip or cylinder head join to see how perfect or near perfect the seals are

takes out any guess work if the piston's o-ring is still a bit lame or head seal is poor

I'll certainly give it a go..

I think I'm gonna have a great big tech day where I'm just gonna open up a sh*t ton of gearboxes and sort everything out inside of them. This sunday should be a good one haha

If the cylinder head seal is poor, the teflon hopefully should do it and if the piston o-ring is bad, I have just ordered a pack of o-rings for just such an occassion..

The nozzle seal to cylinder head if bad would possibly require lonex replacements of both for best seal? Might get away with just new nozzle but wouldn't it be better to match them? Doesn't have to be lonex, could be SHS or ZCI etc but just as long as it seals well to the cylinder and hop up right?

• Supporters

ptfe tape usually does the trick unless it is really loose like std cyl head in a bore up cylinder

well you get the idea....

If it is REALLY loose then try another cylinder/head combo is what I mean

of course this depends on cylinder head/nozzle fitting as well

should be quite snug on there but move quite freely but not flapping about loose that it pi$$es out

This is what I mean when often you end up fitting another couple bits instead of PLAN A bits if you feel it works better

yes some people do some modding of nozzle o-ring or crap - ffs just try another head/nozzle & wotnot

some bits just fit together a smidge tighter/looser - a 10th of a millimeter in various bits n bobs can make a big difference

I actually like the old "puncture test" myself to be sure the head seals great in cylinder

obviously dry it up and polish the inside of cylinder after testing etc...

but sure fire method of checking seals n stuff in the gearbox

(then find out air is pissing out of hop unit - well at least gearbox is sound)

Found the problem... the air nozzle has no o-ring so that is where the air is leaking. Saw some other people doing an internal review detect the problem and it lines up with mine. GOnna do as you said still to check the other parts but order a new lonex air nozzle anyway. Much appreciated guys.

Archived