Lmg options and advice

SELTS090
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

evening all

looking into getting a lmg for our squads support role. always admired lmgs and their looks and etc.

currently im looking at the a & k m60 vn or the ares stoner.

has anyone got these and what theyre like. reliable? preformance? ootb issues?

or are there any other reccomandations.

thanks

• Supporters

I would stay away from both, to be honest, just because of the companies who make them. A&K and Ares are not great at reliability or QC. For LMGs, you can take whichever one you like best, but I would recommend with the M249 (in any variation) or the Classic Army Stoner (Although a new G&P one is coming out soon). Ill post why below.

Stoner

~Pros

• Lightweight (lightest LMG out there)
  • Quick change barrel
  • easy to disassemble

~Cons

• Low ammo count (around 1500 rnd box mag?)
  • Can only use Stoner box mags

M249

~Pros

• Can use box mags AND AR style mags
  • Extremely modular
  • Lots of variations

~Cons

• Very common (Con for those who like unique guns)
  • (On A&K model, maybe others) M4 mag well can be a PITA to get working well

It is up to you, but I would look into these two more than the two you listed. I have the CA Stoner and it is great. 

The CA M249 MKII is still, for my money, the best LMG on the market, even after all these years.

19 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

What about the krytac lmg? Same krytac internals as the crb but bulkier externals

because its not a true lmg and im not sure if milsims will allow it. also they nigh on 500 quid. wpuldnt it be better to get a pdw and a box mag?

• Supporters
9 hours ago, SELTS090 said:

because its not a true lmg and im not sure if milsims will allow it. also they nigh on 500 quid. wpuldnt it be better to get a pdw and a box mag?

MilSims will take it. Somehow completely forgot about it in my post above - its about the most solid LMG platform (without upgrades) out there.

• Supporters

Up to you in the end. I dont have any experience with it - LMGs are just about my polar opposite when it comes to guns - Im more a sniper myself. I have a LVOA though, and its brilliant

• Supporters
52 minutes ago, SeniorSpaz87 said:

MilSims will take it. Somehow completely forgot about it in my post above - its about the most solid LMG platform (without upgrades) out there.

Plenty of milsim organisers in the U.K. insist upon guns being replicas of real world military weapons.  Krytac LMG isn't going to cut it for some. 

Archived