Bullpup recommendations

Jtjudge
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

2 minutes ago, SeniorSpaz87 said:

I will make this quite clear - This is not doable as an AEG without MAJOR modification. TBH, you will have to make your own kit for it. I could probably do it, but you would need to fins someone who knows 3D modelling and would set aside the hours to make it.

Ah Sorry. morning head full of cold not reading post properly lol 

Thanks for the offer though its good of you mate 

I noticed the steyer of one of the models I looked at comes with the 1.5 magnification sights, the same magnification on a RL Steyer. Hopefully the optics are better because they were lacklustre in some of the steyers. I wasn't a huge fan of the steyer when I used it to be honest, it was alright but not great, when we were deployed the yanks always wanted photos holding one like they were on the set of starship troopers or something. 

• 2 weeks later...

It's a shame you don't like the AUG. There one of the most user friendly bullpups to work on. And even the basic JG £90 model will upgrade to be a decent gun for not a lot of investment.

Mosfet, Bushings, Shims, Hop rubber, Air nozzle, and some foam and you can have a really decent gun. For 7.4 or 11.1 lipos.

2 screws and you have the gearbox out.
1 bar and the whole front and upper receiver comes away, Leaving you with a dead easy hop unit.

The trigger is unique but there is no selector plate, just secondary contacts. All the contacts can be replaced with home made parts.  There is plenty of space for a mosfet behind the rear plate. And mine is on 12AWG wire as space round the box isn't at all tight. I take a full V3 box as spare when I go shooting. Can be swapped in the field with 2 screw drivers in less than 5 minutes.

Parts for the gun are also cheap or universal. The box is 99% standard V3, Just the Air nozzle is a non standard part (guarder make a good replacement) The air nozzle also varies in size between parts companies some are slightly shorter and cause problems.

Mags, I just got some 80rnd mid caps for mine £4.30 each from taiwangun. It's a similar price for high caps. No feed problems.
Whole hop up £6 and can be found everywhere.

The AUG box is abusable. You want to stick a higher RMP motor in. Go for it just get the correct parts to match. You want to single shot DMR it, All you need is some tape over those secondary contacts, or remove them all together. You want to put a double sector gear, ported cylinder and short barrel on, it It's a very tweak-able platform.

The bad points of the AUG.
Lots of plastic, You have to pay attention to what you are doing when you strip it so as not to cause any damage to plastic threads.
Because it's got loads of space round the box they tend to be noisy. And your head is right on the box so they make you a bit deaf. Easy to fix with some foam packing.
The cocking handle tends to be a bit weak.
There are a few parts that are easy to loose. Body pins, safety selector, and butt plate.
Only enough space for a small battery.
BB's can get lost in the body and rattle about. Foam in the correct places solves this.

If I were to get another bullpup it would be an L85A2 (SA80). It's the polar opposite of the AUG. Parts can be really hard to find depending on make and model, The gearbox has custom parts. It's not easy to change batteries, or find space for a mosfet. What you do get is a mostly metal gun, That is quiet and very durable. They can be every bit as good as an AUG for accuracy, but most of the gearboxes are a split design that won't let you abuse them as much as that stock V3. The blowback and forward assist models can also have problems if not used correctly. It's very much a choice for the person that want single shot and short burst fire, but not at silly rates of fire.

Archived