Bullpup recommendations

Jtjudge
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi ladies and gents, I'm on the hunt for a good bullpup, something that will be a quality bit of kit indoors and outdoors so it has to be good quality. 

One gun I hate is the Aug Steyr but I'm a big fan of the likes of the Tar 21 etc. The problem I'm having is I can't seem to find a bullpup that's a fairly new gun, their all pretty old now.

Any recommendations ? 

I've been looking at that for a while. Hasn't it been out since 2011 ? Surely old tech now or am I being nooby as I'm a noob 

• Supporters

Other than recoil AEG's and some electronic gadgets nothing much has really changed in airsoft for a long time.

Buy it fit a mosfet and run lipos and you get a gun that is very accurate has good trigger response and is built like a tank.

They just dont break a friend of mine has one thats 4 yrs old and has fired countless bb's and when you open it up it looks like it just fell out the factory.

There is also the unique factor and if you put on a suppresor or nice flash hider on it they look amazing. 

2017-02-23-22-44-43--2072991436.jpg

• Supporters

SCAR P1? :P

FullSizeRender%203_zpsqv9uenqq.jpg

And stay away from TAR-21s. While they look cool, they are about the worst gun type I have ever worked on.

• Supporters

No clue. This isnt a WE. Its a VFC Scar, which is possibly the best looking Scar. It took some work to get it in though...

1 hour ago, SeniorSpaz87 said:

No clue. This isnt a WE. Its a VFC Scar, which is possibly the best looking Scar. It took some work to get it in though...

Yeah, the KIT is only for WE as I understand it. Nontheless, it runs on HPA without tapping the magazines? Or is it an AEG body?

I contacted the manufacturer last week and they said those bullpup scar kits are designed only for we SCARs.

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, Sacarathe said:

Yeah, the KIT is only for WE as I understand it. Nontheless, it runs on HPA without tapping the magazines? Or is it an AEG body?

I contacted the manufacturer last week and they said those bullpup scar kits are designed only for we SCARs.

It is true. I had to do a fair bit of modification to make it fit the VFC. and the VFC is an AEG. But I wanted to run my Gen 1 P-Mags which I have spent forever collecting, so I needed an AEG body.

• Supporters

f*ck all has really changed in AEGs since Marui released the first ones in the very early 1990s (maybe late 80s...).

Nobody makes a good quality Tavor.  The ICS SA80s are well made, the Real Swords as mentioned.  Right now I can't really think of anything else that's decent quality in an AEG which isn't an AUG.

I wanted to make one of these Scar L bullpups but in AEG shame there is nowhere to have the battery 

JG P98-1 is a fantastic budget bullpulp, and comes with a m4 mag converter (so you can run m4 hi-cap... or any-cap mags).

Range, accuracy & build quality is unbelievable for the money.

Granted it's not as fancy as some of the others these guys have posted but if you're on a budget it gets my vote 100%!

Compared it side by side at my local site with an ASG Steyr(/AUG) A3 (I think), and it was definately just as good , arguably better!

• Supporters
10 hours ago, Fumps said:

I wanted to make one of these Scar L bullpups but in AEG shame there is nowhere to have the battery 

Battery isnt the issue - you could make that work. Its the motor...

12 hours ago, SeniorSpaz87 said:

Battery isnt the issue - you could make that work. Its the motor...

Ok thanks for that,  I knew there was a problem somewhere but couldn't put my finger on what the issue would be. I'm not really up on taking rif's apart so was unsure where to start. 

I cant see how I'd make it work so it will just have to stay as a dream idea. Which is a shame because I love the look of them 

• Supporters

Yea, you have to go either standard WE GBB (which I dont like) or put a fair amount of work into it and make it HPA.

1 minute ago, SeniorSpaz87 said:

Yea, you have to go either standard WE GBB (which I dont like) or put a fair amount of work into it and make it HPA.

Yeh that was my main worry........Why do I always pick the "Can't happen" ideas?

lol :angry: 

• Supporters

The trick is finding the "just about do-able but most people wouldn't bother".  There's a balance in between too-easy and pretty-much-impossible.  That's how you build interesting guns.

4 minutes ago, CKinnerley said:

The trick is finding the "just about do-able but most people wouldn't bother".  There's a balance in between too-easy and pretty-much-impossible.  That's how you build interesting guns.

Indeed, I was investigating the relatively easy concept of connecting an electric hicap to a hose paired with a HPA hose into an adaptor(with expansion chamber) for a GBB thinking "this must have been done before, how hard can it be", but not getting anywhere.

So much for my ∞ rd HPA powered GBB pistol.

13 hours ago, CKinnerley said:

Yes I often consider attempting this kind of thing, but knowing my luck it would all go horribly wrong. I may still keep an eye out for a Scar L and have a tinker. 

• Supporters
12 hours ago, Fumps said:

Yes I often consider attempting this kind of thing, but knowing my luck it would all go horribly wrong. I may still keep an eye out for a Scar L and have a tinker. 

If you or anyone else is ever interested in doing what I did to my L, I would be happy to walk you through the steps.

11 hours ago, SeniorSpaz87 said:

If you or anyone else is ever interested in doing what I did to my L, I would be happy to walk you through the steps.

Cheers mate, I'd love to do one as an aeg, maybe when I get back from my holidays & I have some spare cash I will harass you for advice. ;)

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Fumps said:

Cheers mate, I'd love to do one as an aeg, maybe when I get back from my holidays & I have some spare cash I will harass you for advice. ;)

I will make this quite clear - This is not doable as an AEG without MAJOR modification. TBH, you will have to make your own kit for it. I could probably do it, but you would need to fins someone who knows 3D modelling and would set aside the hours to make it.

Archived