Southdown Airsoft Weekender

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All,

I have been toying with the idea of putting on a weekender at Southdown Airsoft in the May of 2012 (possibly september of 2011 if there was an extraordinary response) it would be on a bank holiday.

If this did go ahead then we would be looking at one of the most epic woodland weekenders in the UK!

The area would span over 120 acres of diverse woodland and include features like an oil rig site and if over 200 people turned up then some tanks!

The site is in West Sussex an hour from london an hour from brighton and 40 mins from portsmouth

Minimum age for the weekend would be 16.

.. anyway tell me what you think and tell me if your interested we're aiming for a minimum of 200 people so if your interested or know a few of your mates would be let me know below!

Cheers

Well if your 14 now and your birthday is 20th of may then depending when the bank holiday falls next year you'll be just 16 no?

November. 15 :(

Might possibly have a vehicle we can use at the weekender, am selling the rangie as ive been offered a mk1 snatch land rover which should be pretty ###### cool :P

haha well, the mount i can do, but finding something cool to attach to it is another issue......gas powered potato cannon anyone? :P

Might as well go the whole way and get 4....

Browning-50-Cal-M2-Aircraft-Machine-Gun-A18264.jpg

Would love to drive down the road with that on the roof, would definately scare the natives :lol:

Haha excellent, if you want a land rover wolf I have a disco in tip top condition ;) I'll trade it for your rangerover lol

Anyway back to subject SOUTHDOWN AIRSOFT WEEKENDER who's interested?

We have 4 it's a start only another 196 to make it viable lol

P.s.if we were to run this there would be prizes etc to win as well as food stalls, airsoft shops, camo/equipment shops, firing ranges, pistol matches etc etc :)

I would be amazed if you make this happen. The only way I could posiably see it working from an amount of players point of view would be if you where to team up with another local site (combat south, ucap etc)

I'm not quite sure how joining with another site would make any difference? Apart from advertising in the form of flyers or posters at their sites?, If I get to the stage where I think we're good for the go ahead then I would probably take my team round the local sites and just talk to people about it on the day? If it did happen would you be interested?

Cheers

The reason I said that is because of the fact they are more established sites with u much higher number of registered players for instance it's not unusual to see 70-100 players on a walk on at combat south on the weekend.

Weekenders are not easiest for me due to baby and mrs etc but would be something I would consider and I play regular with 10 ish people in our team

It's a thought but having two sites run a weekender at one site (unless it was on a neutral area) i feel would be difficult and could end up being counter productive. I think if my team were to go to local sites and talk to people at those sites about it there's no reason why the members of those sites wouldn't be interested in a weekender some where else?

P.S. Would your team be interested in a match against Southdown Airsoft?

i use the term "team" very losely more like a bunch of hung over brain dead 20somethings having a laugh. most of my hits during a day come from them and visa versa :P

i dont want this to sound like im being negitive or a bit funny but im just going to be honest the biggest problem you are going to have trying to attract more players is the fact that the more mature players ie 18+ tend to have other comitments familys, bills etc to worry about so only get to play about once a month ish and intill you have a more established reputation are going to struggle to get these players to take a chance on your site i think when you look at the gallery on your site it looks just like a bunch of pals messing around not the most profesional thing in the world i hope you dont take this the wrong way im NOT trying to have a go belive me no one wants this to take of for you in a big way more than me because i live in rustington near littlehampton so am really close to yourselfs, im in the process of trying to prosuade my pals to give you a go at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Appreciate the comments I really should update the gallery your right they were taken on a few private days and our first skirmish so that's probably why it looks like a few mates playing in the woods together .. Because they are, once the bracken and foliage start to poke through I'll change the gallery all together although I think the way they are displayed is good no? And I appreciate that people have commitments (although all my skirmishers of that age turn up every other week) but if ground zero can do it I can. Glad your considering our site we're just finishing our new HQ which is nice speaking of which I better go and crack on!

Any more interest leave a message below,

Cheers,

Hi southdowners,

Archie, i'm loving the idea of the weekender at the site, we should get some photo's up in the spring to show people whats on offer and definately need to get some work days organised,

dont forget the sugar for the coffee!

Pete

Hey Matey yeah definatly just waiting for the foliage to reach its full capacity combined with a nice day and i'll bring the big camera down to get some more snaps.

did you happen to get in touch with your friend for plan clockhouse?

Spk sn

Archived