VFC416 Vs Krytac CRB

asbo1991
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Guys,

as above I like both not sure which way too go I am leaning slightly towards the 416 it is a mates and has been well looked after and has been serviced and upgraded accordingly for accuracy.

the Krytac will be bog standard but brand new.

Just after general thoughts?

(tried searching but couldn't find a direct comparison, if anyone comes across can you link it for me and then this thread can be removed)

Cheers

• Supporters

Do you want a good looking 416 replica or just a decent performing gun?

If the former get the VFC, otherwise the Krytac.

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, asbo1991 said:

So the VFC is lacking compared to the Krytac everywhere except looks? 

It entirely depends on what your mate has done to it. VFC don't have the best reputation for longevity in the gearbox department but if that's all been changed anyway and you're dead set on having an HK416 replica then it would definitely be the way to go. The Krytacs are by and large spot on out of the box and there seems to be little to no reports of reliability issues other than some people suggesting they get random fliers from time to time on more recent guns.

If you were looking at a new, untouched VFC and you were not fussed about the aesthetics then I'd say go with the Krytac every time but as it's already been tinkered with and we can't know how well it's been done or how reliable it might be it's difficult to say definitively.

thanks guys love the look of the 416 so will go for that and if needed might convert to HPA down the road and lock it semi with the new laws coming in,

again in thanks for the help guys 

55 minutes ago, asbo1991 said:

thanks guys love the look of the 416 so will go for that and if needed might convert to HPA down the road and lock it semi with the new laws coming in,

Well, if you go polarstar with that you're in luck because they design their fusion engines for VFC bodies. :)

16 minutes ago, Sacarathe said:

Well, if you go polarstar with that you're in luck because they design their fusion engines for VFC bodies. :)

Did not know this handy to know, can you mechanical lock it semi with a fusion engine? 

29 minutes ago, asbo1991 said:

Did not know this handy to know, can you mechanical lock it semi with a fusion engine? 

Polarstars are controlled by a computer, so you wouldn't need to "mechanically" lock it as you could simply set the options to be safe/semi/semi.

5 hours ago, asbo1991 said:

don't the new laws stop you from converting to single shot to allow higher fps?

Really so we can't lock them to semi to prevent them be classed as a section 5 firearm if the police intentionally try to make it break the 370fps limit? 

Probably got got the limits completely wrong but out shopping with the missus so don't have time to double check 

On 23/02/2017 at 6:54 PM, Kash said:

The way a lot have interpreted the way its written is as it must me semi only from the factory to class as single shot

That would be somewhat bad since so many people make money off making DMRs and so many people own them. :)

It's rather doubtful. There are a lot of guns out there and I really doubt they're risk causing that much harm.

Plus if they did that surely all AEG would be banned out right because they're all designed to be automatic.

Locking the fire select doesn't stop them from being able to fire on auto.

By the from factory logic above, because of how easily springs can be changed in many guns, I don't see any AEGs being legal if the semi from factory is the only way forwards.

What happens to the umerex BB guns which fire on auto?

As I say, this is interpretation as there is no guidance yet.

The interpretation being

If it was designed for full auto fire, its always capable of it.

Whereas a gun with a low power spring is designed to be at whatever power the spring is.

Its all guessing at this point

Archived