G&G Cm16 Raider Feed issue?

Robert James
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Not sure if I have an issue or not to be honest, most of the time I have my gun in Semi Auto, and id say that every 300+ shots the gun jams (cant pull trigger), and then I have to put it into Auto and fire before I can use Semi again..

Anyone have any advice?

same thing happens to my firehawk. 

think its when it doesn't fully cycle but not sure if its because of spamming the trigger in semi. What battery do you have? I have 7.4v Lipo 20c

• Supporters

It's a very common problem with the V2 gearbox (ie the type most commonly used in M4 style guns). As Samurai said you need to make sure that the gearbox makes a full cycle.

Either get better at not spamming the trigger too quickly/fully pulling the trigger each shot or fit a mosfet that will do the full cycle completion for you (although that will most likely result in spending more on a mosfet than the gun is actually worth so..... )

I have a situation where I feed the mag in on my g and g and it seems to fire but sometimes it seems as its ejecting or dropping bb's. When I take the mag off sometimes 3 or 4 fall out, any idea on what is happening? This was happening on a low cap mag, I changed to another low cap and it didn't seem to be an issue? Could it be I didn't put the mag in properly?

• Supporters

Totally normal....

There is always about 2 or 3 in the feed tube of the hop and another possibly in the hop

hence you always clear the gun by firing on semi twice or even three times

just in case it partly jammed on the first attempt at clearing the gun...

This avoids any accidents like shooting the TV on youtube or worse an eye

Image result for hop unit m4

imagine the lower feed tube of hop, the lug at the bottom is how far the mag fits

the rest of the tube is full of 2 or 3 bb's, remove mag & most of them drop out

BUT CLEAR GUN AS STATED - in case one is half "chambered" into the hop/barrel

Only time you won't get this is with a mid/low cap with a follower or stick bit that feeds nigh on every bb

BUT though this will feed every bb or nigh on, into the hop unit when emptying the mag,

If you remove it halfway though the mag then bb's will drop out - it only feeds all bb's to empty

(hope you understand that bit)

• Supporters

if you are worried about bb's dropping on floor...

tip gun upside down, remove mag and hold hand over magwell when turning gun upright

or gun upside down still and insert mag - viola no bb's on floor

usually out on field we are worried more about our arses getting shot to bits than a few bb's on the ground

11 minutes ago, Sitting Duck said:

if you are worried about bb's dropping on floor...

tip gun upside down, remove mag and hold hand over magwell when turning gun upright

or gun upside down still and insert mag - viola no bb's on floor

usually out on field we are worried more about our arses getting shot to bits than a few bb's on the ground

Cheers Duck, i was just zeroing in my rifle in the back yard as best as I could for the weekend. 
I was seeing the bbs coming out and hitting the target I was aiming at but I thought initially that some trigger pulls were not resulting in 
bbs coming out. I now think that is incorrect as I when I replaced the mag they definitely were as well as what you said makes sense. 
I am going to start playing with both eyes open at all times and watch the fall of shot instead of firing like I do when shooting a normal rifle with one eye closed, open country I am talking about of course. 

• Supporters

some mags feed better than others

some shift hop a smidge and can fps drop or cause feed issues

Hi Caps are usually either consistently good or consistently crap

Mid Caps though have a spring which snakes up & down or around the mag

at certain bends in the " snake " the spring can get caught and it can give feed issues

yeah I know most say mid caps feed better but on occasions they can get snagged

so don't always think it can't be the mag or it is a mid cap it must be the gun

I stripped a gun twice messing with delay clips when I found out the mid cap was playing up

popped in a high cap wound like hell and a stream of white projectiles flew out once more

Glad I sussed it but the air was dark navy blue to stripping the gun when i didn't need to

The really really stupid thing was I already knew feed issues - check/change mag and/or bb's

But fell into to silly trap - it is a mid cap - gotta be the gun - seem ok in mag

but it didn't have enough tension in spring to feed bb's from mag to hop

BUT bb's were still showing at top of mag - nah gotta be the delay clip.... AAAARRRGGGGHHHH

Archived