Two tone colours

Jdoa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So, I'm very new to the scene and want to get involved and to buy my first gun I just wanted to know about what colours are two tone eligible and services that paint them etc. Mainly because I don't really fancy the colours  i've seen (standard green, blue and red) 

First off welcome to the forum. The law (VCRA Act specifically) just states the paint must be bright and also solid, so there are no set colour options really. 

As per Sacarathe's comment, you can have orange / purple as well but I've never seen these offered. I think it will be difficult to find anywhere doing any of the other colours though. As you say the majority are a blue or green and one or two offer red.

I do know that AirsoftWorld were offering a 'snake skin' pattern two-tone service but I am not sure if they still do. In actual fact this is not right because it is a camouflage effect so not a solid block colour.

Anything that looks realistic like weathered or in 'normal' colours (black, grey, tan, dark green...etc) you can then assume would be considered unacceptable by law though either way you obviously shouldn't have replicas out where people are going to see them in public anyway.

One way of getting around the colour choice is you purchase the gun + two-toning service (or already compliant one) but you can wrap camo tape around it when you get to a skirmish, and take it off before you leave. If you are going to be actually going to games then once you get a defence after three do what you like with it.

3 minutes ago, Sacarathe said:

Yes there is, there's a specific list.

Thanks, you're right. My bad.

Yes so you can have the following (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-violent-crime-reduction-act-2006-commencement-no-3-order-2007-firearms-measures)

• transparent
  • bright red
  • bright orange
  • bright blue
  • bright yellow
  • bright green
  • bright pink
  • bright purple

13 minutes ago, Airsoft_Mr B said:

One way of getting around the colour choice is you purchase the gun + two-toning service (or already compliant one) but you can wrap camo tape around it when you get to a skirmish, and take it off before you leave. If you are going to be actually going to games then once you get a defence after three do what you like with it.

Well, the law doesn't specific how you get a defence... so theoretically you can just manufacture a RIF at your first airsoft game. :)

• 2 years later...
  • Supporters
3 hours ago, FastestHandInTheWest said:

Hello and welcome to the forum.

It's entirely up to the seller what colours they use.  Most sellers tend to use red, green or blue, but there's no harm in asking them if they'll do the RIF you want in purple.

Just to be clear, you need to be 18 to purchase any imitation firearm, realistic or otherwise.

• 8 months later...
8 minutes ago, Guest Reuben manders said:

Does a tan gun count as 2 tone?? 

No - unless it’s 49% tan with one of these colours ...

On 19/02/2017 at 21:03, Airsoft_Mr B said:

Thanks, you're right. My bad.

Yes so you can have the following (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-violent-crime-reduction-act-2006-commencement-no-3-order-2007-firearms-measures)

• transparent
  • bright red
  • bright orange
  • bright blue
  • bright yellow
  • bright green
  • bright pink
  • bright purple

Archived