Another VSR upgrade....check my list?

Reality bites
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've come into a little spare cash and fancy doing a sniper rifle build.  I've not long been into airsoft and bought an aeg but fancy something different.  I've got other rifles (non airsoft) so thought I'd get a VSR.

i was on the look out for a JG but can't find them in stock so need to bite the bullet and get the TM.

so far on my list, I have these parts.....am i about right or way off?

Airsoft pro trigger set (trigger, piston, spring and guide) - £80

airsoft pro cylinder and cylinder head - £50 (I can only find the silver version, I'm assuming they are the same as the steel black one.?)

action army hop chamber - £45

action army silver streak 6.03 430mm barrel - £38

barrel spacers - not decided yet. - £15?

70' maple leaf bucking - £10-15?

Would i need a different suppressor adaptor to accommodate the longer barrel or just widen the stock one?  From what I've read, the slightly longer barrel is the right choice rather than sticking with the 300mm?

1 hour ago, Max2000 said:

I have heard that there is no difference in accuracy and range with 303mm or 430mm.

Thanks, so the 303 would make an easier install.  Reading some of the stickies on the airsoftsniper forum, the longer barrel seemed to be more accustom to particular bb weights and power combinations. I may not have read it correctly tho 

9 hours ago, Reality bites said:

Thanks, so the 303 would make an easier install.  Reading some of the stickies on the airsoftsniper forum, the longer barrel seemed to be more accustom to particular bb weights and power combinations. I may not have read it correctly tho 

It might be better for the higher fps and higher weight BB, but in UK we don't use /not allowed higher than 500 fps, and .40 BB will be the optimal weight for it. I am going to do a sniper build soon, and I am not going to bother on drilling the end cap to get the barrel through it....

On 21/02/2017 at 7:03 PM, badshotbob said:

Hi just had a airsoft pro trigger fitted to my vsr-10 g-spec with a M150 spring and the trigger pull is very stiff, anyone any clues on reducing the stiffness

Weird, I asked the question about parts on the uk Facebook page and was advised there that the airsoft pro trigger was stiff....was advised to go with the action army or Laylax set.  I'm sure there will be guides on how to fix it.

I am in the process of uploading a VSR stripdown video to Youtube. If it would be of assistance when uploaded I can post it here for you if you like? :-)

8 hours ago, PT247 said:

I am in the process of uploading a VSR stripdown video to Youtube. If it would be of assistance when uploaded I can post it here for you if you like? :-)

Yeah, definitely! I've found a video where a guy is taking thru a complete action army upgrade on a vsr pro...I'm assuming the gspec is much the same.  I'm in two minds about the gspec or pro now.  Need to look at the lengths as I like the idea of a supresssor.....also prefer the looks but function must come first 

33 minutes ago, PT247 said:

I have posted it up in the Guides section of the forum, here is a link to it:

Thanks for that, it seems the strip down and even upgrade process while working on these guns should be a simple-ish task.  I think my confusion at the moment is understanding what parts work together and the consequences of marching particular parts.

you touched on it in that video which is good....especially around the barrel bore.

i listed the parts I was going with in this thread, but have since changed plans to an action army trigger set with piston.  I'm sticking with the hop chamber option, but can't decide on a barrel and length.  This is also confusing me into wether I go gspec or pro.

i was considering gpspec and putting a 6.03-6.05 430mm barrel in but this has come from reading the 100s of threads already out there and getting confused about what's best.

1 hour ago, PT247 said:

It is shorter and has a rail so you can attach an optic :-)

Love the simplistic answer, wish I could look at things at a more basic level sometimes :-)

thanks again, gonna go for the gspec TM (basically as I can't find the JG anywhere) and the action army trigger set, hop, and then decide on barrel.  

Small progress.....

ordered a JG from airsoft pro, ordered the action army hop chamber, spring and guide top.

gone with 70' maple leaf bucking.

just need to find a trigger set in stock (wish I could justify the PDI set but can't).  Gonna have to wait for the action army set to come back in stock or the custom s set.

still to decide on a barrel, also not sure if I need to go with new cylinder too.

On 03/03/2017 at 1:46 PM, Samurai said:

I've been using the BAR-10 cylinder for years in mine. It's fine.

One more nood question on barrels.

i ordered the ML bucking when I ordered the JG....the stock barrel appears to be bridged, however, I thought I'd need an in Bridgend barrel?

the action army barrels are being pictured as having a bridge and some other brands show without.  

Wtf do I need .??

• Supporters

For the maple leaf an unbridged barrel is needed. You can carefully cut the bridge if you have some tools.

I have a maple leaf in the original hopup with a wide aluminium arm (doesn't need shimming) with an eraser concave nub and a modify alu barrel. It shoots pretty good with 0.45 Geoffs bio.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update.....all parts are ordered and final piece, the trigger unit, is on the way to me next week.

ive had to wait 3 weeks for the next run of springer custom works triggers to be made somim hoping they operate as good as they look.

can finally start the build when that arrives.  :-) . Ooh.....managed to get some 0.4s from the Netherlands in the end.  Skirmshop.nl. ... ordered Thursday afternoon and arrived Saturday lunchtime....awesome service!

Archived