WE G18 vs TM G18

Sacarathe
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I have the gen 4 WE (bought it 1month after the gen 4's launched), I know the gen 3's had issues with loading nozzles and outer barrels snapping, but I am yet to have an issue. I'll admit my gun gets at least 1 to 4 mags worth off bb's through as a minimum it at every skirmish I attend.

tm are good, but don't use green gas in them, there not designed for it, and in the past have been known to crack the slides.

WE mags fit in the TM

I've had both the TM and WE, both giving two very different experiences. Performance wise, there wasn't much of a difference to be fair and the WE feels a lot nicer due to the metal slide. The gas efficiency of the TM was better because of this, however. The trade marks on the TM were a nice touch though.

Now, their ends were different.

The TM malfunctioned due to the hammer breaking. Replacement TM hammers are impossible to find so I ended up just selling it after fitting it with a WE hammer assembly. The WE didn't actually break, which was great.  I just ended up selling it because I no longer used it (I made some sort of pistol configuration from a rifle).

Also, the full auto feature of the 18 is not really practical. It's fun to have but fairly useless. Gas consumption is understandably heightened with full auto and the mags are emptied ridiculously quickly. 

So yeah you're good with the TM as long as something like the hammer doesn't break, or some other impossible to find part. The WE is much easier and cheaper to source parts for. However, there are a lot of aftermarket parts which will fit the TM which won't fit the WE due to the slightly wider build of the WE. That may also cause holster issues.

Given the choice, I'd take the TM and put a nice metal slide on it. Maybe guarder or the Ace1Arms SAI style slide/barrel. But the WE is by no means a bad choice! Either way, I'd go for a G17 though.

Love my WE, I went with the 17 though as I wouldn't have used the full auto anyway. Had no problems at all and it's super consistent even in winter weather... I haven't actually owned a TM so can't comment. Gas efficiency of the WE is great too, despite the metal slide and obviously TM would still be better. Let us know how you get on with yours :)

Archived