Krytac PDW

lazybike
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Mine locked up today, it's done it once before but switching to auto cleared it, that hasn't worked this time..going to try a new battery tomorrow I'm using a 7.4 lipo..anyone have any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Changed the inner barrel today, put a 240mm zci in, was getting 340fps with the standard barrel but now shooting 370fps with the zci, that seems a big jump for just 85mm difference, does that sound about right? 

• Supporters
7 hours ago, PT247 said:

I've tried PDI, Orga and Prometheus inner barrels in my Krytacs, none of them improved over the OE Krytac barrel.

Thats my point exactly I tried pretty much every after market barrel you can get and a ZCI while being a nice cheap barrel is not in the same league as the likes of a PDI. The Krytac barrel will be better and the extra length just ruins whats good about the gun which is its manoeuvrability. Will need to run a suppresor or new front end to cover it and that makes the gun longer and less pointable and that makea no sense to do as you are removing performance and not gaining anything.

People really need to learn what an upgrade actually is.

It does mean I have to put a 100mm supressor on it, but it hardly makes it less pointable..of course I can't use it now as it's shooting hot, so in that respect you could argue it's ruined... which brings me back to my original question! I guess I could put a scope on it, lock it to semi and call it a dmr..:)

I put the zci barrel in because I had it laying about, I'd read that the pdw could gain useful range with a longer barrel, I wasn't expecting the jump in fps. Why would I bother changing the spring when all I need to do is refit the original barrel and get back to 340fps, though I will s-hop it first. I won't be changing any internals as I'm quite happy with them...thanks for all your help though.

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, lazybike said:

I put the zci barrel in because I had it laying about, I'd read that the pdw could gain useful range with a longer barrel, I wasn't expecting the jump in fps. Why would I bother changing the spring when all I need to do is refit the original barrel and get back to 340fps, though I will s-hop it first. I won't be changing any internals as I'm quite happy with them...thanks for all your help though.

I was taking the p*ss :lol:

A longer barrel will do absolutely nothing for the PDW it shoots with the same range and accuracy as the CRB so that barrel will probably only make it worse because its of lower quality. 

I would leave the s-hop as well as again any gains are negligible but if you really want to go down that route r-hop is better because the materials available are more durable.

Its seems to me that you are chasing the airsoft range and accuracy myths which is all they are. Your PDW is an awesome bit of kit that you made a good choice in buying and the next good choice you could make is to leave it alone.

:)

It is a good bit of kit...but it has less range and accuracy than my cm16, I disagree about the longer barrel, in back to back tests I would say its added useful range to the pdw and I think the extra fps accounts for that, I wonder if the short barrel is over volumed. I've had good results with Sugru and it's easy to do...I can't comment on r-hop as I've not tried it. I don't think there's any harm in trying to improve a guns performance especially in regards to the hop. 

Using the standard hop unit and barrel, but upping the fps with a stronger spring and the 30k motor/11.1v LiPo, I was able to get my PDW shooting as accurately and as far as my fully upgraded VSR..... until the OE hop bucking ate itself from the extra forces on it.

• Supporters
14 minutes ago, PT247 said:

If it has less range/accuracy than a standard CM16 then it is broken.

Yep

But on that note I give up because its not like I have ever tested a range of barrel lengths, bores and makes in windless environment with a gun locked in a vice and then done the same with pretty much every hop rubber around. If I had I might know what I was talking about.

Blimey...mines nowhere near an upgraded vsr! cm16 has only had a fresh spring and s-hop..so nothing really...I might swap the barrel out of the cm and try it in the pdw... do you know if the laylax nub will fit in the krytac hop up arm?

Archived