RIS Wobble?

AnotherOopsie
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, was hoping to make it to one of the sites I play at yesterday and have someone get a hands on and see what they think.

Being relatively new to airsoft, I don't know much about AEGs or anything.

However, anybody AEG is an M4A1 style, and the bottom RIS rail has quite a bit of wobble in it. When using a grip or holding the rail, the bottom wobbles to the point I fear it ma about to pop off. 

I should be buying a new AEG soon, got my eyes on a G&P.

So really looking for a temporary fix, would something wrapped round the rail do the trick (just to keep it tight together)? Such as paradise or tape?

I know it's a big vague, and I do apologise. 

Thanks to anyone who can see through the lack of detail and give a bit of advice.

If you post a few pics of said rail etc maybe a few of us fellow softens may come up with a solution to your problem before you splash out on a shiny new gun, or may fix it and still get new gun 

• Supporters

Yeah there's a LOT of different rail system handguards in existence.  Quite possibly sticking some leccy tape in the right places might take up some slack (for a couple of games anyway) but there's no way to say for certain without knowing more.

• Supporters

Fairly standard KAC RAS replica.  I had basically the same issue with a similar replica a while ago, I actually sorted it with masking tape, so honestly pretty much anything will do.  I just said leccy tape because it's black and fairly 'plasticy' so might last a little longer.  Bodge tape, duct tape, green fabric tape, whatever really.  Take the bottom rail off, look closely at where it actually touches the gun, stick a couple of layers on, should sort it fairly reasonably for minimal cost/time output.

Archived