G&G L85 Carbine / Convert to L85 SA80?

Mark88
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all.

I am new to airsoft and I've gotten a G&G L85 Carbine. I am looking to covert it to the SA80 I have been trying to find an inner & outer barrel but can't find either anywhere. I'm going to add the defence rail system so I don't need the green hand guard. Does anybody know or have any ideas where I can try for these parts. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Contact G&G directly for the outer barrel, they're pretty good for getting specific parts from, I've done it a few times.

Inner barrel you can get most places, just get the required length.

The only thing I can think of that may be a problem, the L85 uses a 19 tooth piston & sector gear set up. I'm not %100, but I have a feeling that the Carbine has a regular 16 tooth set up. So, if you want the longer inner barrel, you'd need the 19 tooth set up, otherwise you'll see a big fps drop. Alternatively, just change the outer barrel and keep the inner barrel you have, that way it won't matter how many teeth are on your piston/gear. You wouldn't notice a difference from the longer inner barrel anyway, and you'll save yourself some cash.

Archived