What bbs to get?

Nicky blue eyes
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

It's now getting to the point where i get my shiny new toy but  I'm going to need ammo. I know to avoid the cheapo 10millon bbs for a fiver type of thing on fleabay, but my question is will a cheap brand bought from a reputable online shop kill my gear box (potentially). And what brands should I avoid like the plague?  Cheers in advance

• Supporters

Wouldn't ever go cheap on BBs because bad ones can ruin barrel, bucking and mags etc. Cheap BBs from a reputable shop doesn't always mean bad but still worth spending a bit more. I personally now use ASG Cursed BBs had no issues at all.

i use ASG .25g

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-bbs/0-25g-blaster-6mm-bb-bundle-x-9000.htm#.WKB88zuLTcs

but im moving towards bios, they cost more but i have a feeling more and more sites will me switching to bios in the future with the plastic problem we're having.

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-bbs/g-g-0-25g-4000rnd-competition-grade-6mm-bio-bb-1kg-bag.htm#.WKB9KTuLTcs

Fair play.  Just me being a bit of a tight arse lol. And i never gave bios a thought befor. It might be worth having a look at them as well. Who ever thought little plastic ball bearings could be so confusing.:D

• Supporters

Proball also seem to be good I used to use them all the time but switched to ASG ones. G&G I've used to and they seem OK

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Blasters are a great all-round (price vs quality) BB.

Blaster Devil's are also great, try a bag and see what you think.

I'm just finishing up a bag of ASG Cursed BBs and have found them to have a teeny bit more accuracy compared to the blaster devil's. But it's so negligible, it's barely worth fussing over... (I'm not even entirely sure it's not all in my head! Hah!)

Thursday night I'm trying out BAW tracers at the mall. I'll report back Friday morning :)

I've recently started to use G+G and they've given my rifles a great consistent performance so I would recommend them. 

Saying that most of my team swear by rockets which they purchase in bulk so I'd say as long as they're not cheap your good to go. Plus I've had a rifle or two which lift 0.2s without any hop on so would never go below 0.25's on them.

Try a few and find out pal! This is also the most fun as you have a reason to fire 1000's of BB's without the missus saying it's for no reason ;-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

i was on 0.2 excell bbs from Firesupport and their site shops, now moved onto the .25 version as well as ASG 0.25s as Andys' first link

seem fine to me, occasionally hit people with them so they work! haha

Still have some 0.2 ASG tracers to get through next time its dark :)

I tend to stick with ASG blasters as they're decent quality and cheapish.

I've tried zero-one own brand bbs. IMO they have a higher than average chance of breaking in the barrel which isn't a good thing.

I've heard bulldog bbs aren't much cop but no personal experience. I've seen various videos which suggest they have small bubble inside which may throw off their trajectory.

Excels are my first choice, you can often buy bulk from Flecktarn or eBay.

They were the industry standard when I first started a decade ago and I'd be surprised if they've slipped down.

• Supporters
On Mon Feb 13 2017 at 7:06 PM, L3wisD said:

Thursday night I'm trying out BAW tracers at the mall. I'll report back Friday morning :)

So how did you get on did you find them as shite as I did?

Nuprol RZR tracers are the way forward expecially the 0.25 red.

• Mostly Retired Moderators
12 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

So how did you get on did you find them as shite as I did?

Nuprol RZR tracers are the way forward expecially the 0.25 red.

I won't be getting another bag any time soon.

They glowed bright enough, but had lots of flyers and they're weak as anything and break so easy on impact - I was scared of shooting someone with mesh eyepro.

May as well have been using flechette rounds!

Going to try the RZRs after your recommendation.

I will have a look at the Nuprol bbs as untiĺ now I've not heard of rzr s before

4 hours ago, Aunty Pasty said:

I tend to stick with ASG blasters as they're decent quality and cheapish.

I've tried zero-one own brand bbs. IMO they have a higher than average chance of breaking in the barrel which isn't a good thing.

I've heard bulldog bbs aren't much cop but no personal experience. I've seen various videos which suggest they have small bubble inside which may throw off their trajectory.

Blasters were one of the cheap brands i was initially on about.  Its a fine line between buying cheap and learning the hard way how to tech my gun.

ASG Blaster are basically the bog standard BBs, I wouldn't say that they were "rubbish quality" in the way that would break up and damage your gun. As for high end BB's I've heard good things about Geoffs, Blaster Devils and Nuprol RZR.

I'd be interested to hear about any recommendations for biodegradable .36-.40 BBs

I tried and found the 'rockets 0.25' bb's to be decent enough for their price. Only downside is the funky BBQ smell they give off. But other than that they seem fairly consistent when put through my g&g predator. 

• Supporters

Rockets are ok to push up a Gunfire order to get free p&p

or even free bag for points

BUT any tight decent long barrel you will see them being a bit mehhhhh

(ultra tight barrels can jam)

I'd say Rocket for a budget or std gun or perhaps CQB

or

G&G are well worth a look - much more true if trying to hit stuff when it matters

I have rolled both of these down some very tbb and rockets do seem to slow or drag a bit

(ok they could have swollen or bad batch)

But G&G's every one rolled down the barrel smoothly

And yes - the G&G's do shoot better so imho worth paying a little extra for

Has anyone tried the ares diamond precision .28 bb's. Fairly pricey at nigh on £15 for 3500. But are they worth the cost. 

Archived